Go down
View user profile

default Wukkie

on 26/12/2017, 21:19
A pretty entertaining second half after a pretty dire first half. More than happy with a point, I would've taken that all day long before KO.
I thought the first goal we conceeded was pretty soft it needed a much stronger hand/wrist to push it clearer on the original save. That said Chris made a number of excellent saves.....& I liked seeing him run up field to celebrate our 90th minute equaliser. Both of goals were top-drawer. Billy's was a quality finish he doesn't score too many but when he does! It was criminal to concede so quickly after it. Charlie's goal was also a belter (2 goal of the season contenders!). It looked in from behind the goal as soon as he hit it, but I thought when the keeper got finger tips on it that he might've done enough to push it wide.
Still not getting Willow up front on his own & now not getting Jarvo playing narrow
View user profile

default Re: Wukkie

on 26/12/2017, 21:38
Having a poor first half seems to be a bit of a trend, (today/Stockport/Matlock), any thoughts why?
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 08:45
Very reminiscent of the early season Warrington game for me, not just for the scoreline and quality of the late equaliser. On number of efforts on goal Workington should have been clear winners but the battling effort which has seen us score a number of crucial late goals this season evident again. For what it's worth my thoughts are playing one up top at home almost starts us on the back foot by default as we are set up more defensively and invite pressure because we struggle to retain the ball up top despite again sterling efforts from Steve Williams yesterday and against decent quality opponents like Stockport and I thought also Workington yesterday they are good enough to unlock us with the amount of possession they get. We have improved chasing the games as second half performances at home of late have shown and the substitutions yesterday all made sizeable contributions to that turnaround
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 10:04
His goal certainly helped his cause but is it time for Charlie Bailey to be given a run in the side, jus behind Williams or whoever ? I mean a six or seven game run not in one week out the next. Craig Carney is a fantastic player on his day but is clearly out of form and has been for weeks. On yesterday's game, I thought the second half was the most enjoyable I've seen for ages, more like a cup-tie than a league game. I thought we deserved a draw, for our battling qualities and never-say-die attitude if nothing else. Two cracking goals and some good saves from Chris Cheetham though he still gives me the jitters. The next two games are definitely winnable, onwards and upwards COYDB.
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 13:14
Wills and Carney were played in the right positions, but Sam Bailey, Winder and Jarvis were all mixed up. For the love of God play Bailey in the middle, Winder on the right and Jarvis on the left. What a midfield that is! Just set up wrong
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 14:21
Would agree with that. Ryan to my mind is arguably our best player and should be played in his best position. Killer is the best centre forward we have at present and should start. Williams is a lot better centre half than he is a centre forward - by all means shove him up there for the last 10mins if chasing a game but otherwise play him at the back. Playing people out of position rarely works and when you play your best players out of position it's a waste.
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 14:23
Would agree with that. Ryan to my mind is arguably our best player and should be played in his best position. Killer is the best centre forward we have at present and should start. Williams is a lot better centre half than he is a centre forward - by all means shove him up there for the last 10mins if chasing a game but otherwise play him at the back. Playing people out of position rarely works and when you play your best players out of position it's a waste.
View user profile

on 27/12/2017, 14:26
2 for the price of 1! Just to add, great spirit from the lads and top half at Christmas is a pretty decent effort.
View user profile

on 28/12/2017, 19:14
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum