Go down
View user profile

default Barwell (h)

on 14/1/2018, 04:41
Disappointing and frustrating not to come away with a win yesterday although on the whole a draw was probably a fair result although we should perhaps have had it in the bag by the break. Started well enough, controlling the game with Charlie giving us the lead with a very well taken goal, Charlie really seems to have kicked on of late with some excellent performances, something quite a few of us were never in doubt would happen. Same old story second half though, we struggled to get out of the blocks whilst Barwell really came at us resulting in their equaliser. It was only then that we managed to get back in to the game creating a number of chances and forcing their keeper into a number of good saves. Barwell however also had chances with Josh again equal to them. So as I said, disappointing and frustrating but all in all quite an entertaining game and probably a fair result. One other thing I would like to say is regarding Ben Hudson's performance who I thought was excellent from start to finish.

Last edited by Doctor Jimmy on 14/1/2018, 12:22; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

default Re: Barwell (h)

on 14/1/2018, 06:32
Not for the first time this season we've come out for the second period half asleep after controlling the first. I could only see one winner in the opening 45 minutes and if it wasn't for the brilliance of Josh Powell we could have even lost it. I feel now that Charlie Bailey is be the sort of player we should be building a team around after campaigning for his inclusion all season. He's young, bright and oozes class at this level but what I don't get is why he keeps getting the hook every time he plays. Yesterday was a perfect example, he looked the likeliest to get us another goal, that 'Scorpion' kick would have been memorable. I also think Ben Hudson was superb yesterday as he was at Whitby, apparently, he doesn't often get the recognition like some of the others and goes unnoticed sometimes. On the whole it was an entertaining game but ultimately home points dropped. On a different note, according to the Evo site, we've re-signed Daniel Shearwood back from some club in Singapore. Interesting....another midfielder ?
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 08:04
Liked the look of the new lad Mamadou Djabi who seems to have been nicknamed "Dave" up top. Granted he's only a young lad and looks a bit raw but by all accounts he's highly rated at Fleetwood and as I understand it he spent a long time out injured so it's gonna take him a little time to get into the swing of things. Some nice touches though, holds the ball up and looked pretty good on the turn.
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 09:58
Where would this forum be without you two?
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 10:13
I don't know why we bother Perce cos we discussed all this yesterday at the game.
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 10:37
Strange how everybody wanted to chirp up last season when we won the league.
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 13:56
The season is over unless we go on an unbelievable run. Playing for the LFA.

Glad to see Bailey comma Charlie doing well. Even though I'm not seeing it with my own eyes unfortunately.
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 16:57
I don't honestly think , for various reasons, that the club is ready to go up another division, so challenging or not for the playoffs isnt an issue for me really. My complaint would be the insistence on playing one up front. I thought Djabi did pretty well at it yesterday though but its a thankless task.
We shaded the first half & they the second. Both sides had chances but theirs were more clear cut & Josh Powell earned us a point with his saves.
Agree that CB is our stand out player
View user profile

on 14/1/2018, 17:11
Any thoughts on the substitutions? It seemed we left it quite late yesterday then put all three on with little time left for them to make much impact, perhaps a change a bit earlier might have altered the flow of the match, as they did against Workington last month, as Barwell definitely came strong in the second half. It wasn't me hollering 'get a sub on' from the touchlines just to clarify Wink
View user profile

on 15/1/2018, 10:24
Don't get me started on Phil Brown's substitutions
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum