Go down
View user profile

default Wukkinton

on 7/3/2018, 10:24
The first match I have managed to get to for three months. A better performance, than the last three games I saw (Mildenhall, Stockport, Matlock) but nothing to write home about. Still a lack of cutting edge, though I felt that Hannu and Mahmouda improved in the second half, and with a bit of luck we could have stolen it:still the fact remains that neither keeper was forced into a serious save. Elliot was very unfortunate with the last two penalties, getting a hand to each. Sadly, no repeat of the 2001 Final. All the best to Workington and the few hardy souls who made the long trek down on a Tuesday night.
View user profile

default Re: Wukkinton

on 7/3/2018, 19:09
At least it saves the problem of a fixture clash at the end of the month. However, we are now left with one chance of silverware this season. Hope we don't have to go to penalties against Chorley, given our recent track record.
View user profile

on 10/3/2018, 17:12
I thought that we played pretty well, but were hamstrung by not having anyone who looked like thy could put the ball in the net. We dominated in the second half, but never looked like coming close to scoring until we went 2 up front. Despite not looking like scoring, I thought Djabi worked hard & did well holding the ball up. I on't think Hannu is a wide midfielder though, at least when he loses the ball up front it doesn't put us in immediate danger. He can't head either! Whenever we got close to creating a chance panic seemed to take over & the ball was played too quickly & sloppily. The defence looked pretty good though, don't think our keeper had to make too many saves.
Positives for the future, but I really would like us to be just that.....more positive!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum