Go down
View user profilehttp://twitter.com/janlbuxton

default Sutton Coldfield

on 31/3/2018, 18:10
As Sven might say "first half good, second half not so good". It was easy to see why Sutton are in the predicament they are and with the wind advantage in the first half we had plenty of territory and possession. Carney scored a wind assisted "worldie" and vital 2nd goal just before half time from Sam Bailey from an excellent cross from I think Akrigg. In possession looked a bit like a 4-3-3 at times which I think is a good shape for the players available.
Second half Sutton had nothing to lose and made subs got plenty of bodies forward and kept a high line. In response we obviously decided 2-0 was enough and settled back in the finest traditions of catenaccio. I'm not one of the big time Brown critics but negativity does seem to infuse our every pore. Almost inevitably Sutton got one with about 5 minutes to go make everything much more nervous than it needed to be (cue Barry Davies “The Italians have only themselves to blame, because they will not learn”).

I thought Carney was, like against Stafford, very good. Our most threatening player in an attacking sense and lots of energetic pressing without the ball. I thought Simpson was really poor against Stafford but showed more of why Preston would want him today, good touch, better in the air but not a striker that ever really looks like scoring.

Sutton Coldfield had an interesting team for fans of "where are they now?" with a rather rotund Adam Murray in midfield, and Justin Richards and Karl Hawley as a strike partnership.

View user profile

default Re: Sutton Coldfield

on 1/4/2018, 22:16
Not sure it was too much like a 4-3-3! We got a grip as the first half wore on, and really had the momentum before halftime and looked like we were going to go on and win comfortably. However, we again made life difficult for ourselves. We let them push us back in the second half, weren't too clever where we lost the ball at times and lost our shape and composure. However, a win is a win and very welcome.
View user profile

on 2/4/2018, 21:47
Anyone help me out let me know at which end we scored our goals please? It's for netbusters
View user profilehttp://twitter.com/janlbuxton

on 2/4/2018, 21:59
Both scored attacking the West Road end.

View user profile

on 3/4/2018, 05:22
Thank you
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum