Go down
View user profile

default Alty

on 7/4/2018, 21:49
At 2-0 I feared a complete pasting! Somehow we got back into the game, & in the second half it became a more even contest. As eve this season, we looked short of goals. Simpson's header & them his snap shot on the turn in the second half were, I think, our only 2 efforts on target. Both of their goals were poor from a defensive point point of view, a ballsed up clearance & a free header from a corner
Alty were the better side, but, not I think really streets ahead of us. Our lack of goal threat makes us look worse than we actually are.
Still don't understand all the chopping & changing of personnel, formation & tactics from game to game though, even allowing for resting players when we're playing twice a week
View user profile

default Re: Alty

on 8/4/2018, 09:57
Don't think we really deserved anything from the game yesterday. Agree we conceded two poor goals and got one back rather against the run of play. What disappointed me was that we never really looked like scoring in the second half when only a goal behind. Again, lots of effort but no end product. We haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since beating Halesowen and Alty always looked the more likely side to score. They moved the ball more quickly and passed more accurately whilst we seemed content to lump the ball up the field and watch their big defenders gobble it up. With the games to come, I can't honestly see us finishing much higher than we are now.
View user profile

on 8/4/2018, 13:24
Steve your correct about are lack of goals costing us-mate, Jordon was always going to be difficult to replace his 45+ goals in Australia last season looks like being beaten this season as he’s scored 5 in 2 games, according to match reports he’s playing in midfield as well.
View user profile

on 8/4/2018, 16:53
I'd back you to bag 12-15 in that league Billy
View user profilehttp://twitter.com/janlbuxton

on 8/4/2018, 17:33
alasher wrote:Simpson's header & them his snap shot on the turn in the second half were, I think, our only 2 efforts on target.

Carney's shot that was well saved led to the corner that we scored from, and each of the Baileys had a shot easily saved that showed the lack of spinach in their diet.

We played pretty well in an attacking sense in the first half, but really badly defensively. Second half we didn't play as well attacking wise.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum