Go down
View user profile

default So........

on 22/8/2018, 09:25
Is it as bad as it looks? or worse? or did we just play two of the best teams in the league? or is it just taking time for the new players to bed down in the team......or are we in fact going down! Sad Who has an opinion? preferably one that will put my fears to rest!!
View user profile

default Re: So........

on 22/8/2018, 10:01
Thought it was a good game for the neutral . We scored a decent goal . Missed a good chance to make it 2.0 .  Two poor goals from a defensive point of view. Their third was a good move and finish after we gave the ball away in a dangerous area. We had two or three good chances where their keeper made decent saves and that was it. Will we struggle ? I hope I,m wrong but I think we will. Warrington looked a bit sharper and pressed quicker broke well. Bear in mind they were third last year but by all accounts they had lost players to Alty. I guess after 12 games we will know where we are. Crowd ok at 230 ish . But to progress in this league I would think that's not enough. Nantwich will be tough . Lets not panic yet but its not a great start.
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 10:11
This will be a long season.

You can tell with the atmosphere around the ground that everyone knows it as well. We've essentially picked up where we left off last season. Relegation material.

The football is too negative. It's shit to watch and it gets shit results. Giant Axe has been an awful place to be for 8 months now.

View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 11:19
Hmm! kind of one sort of positive and one totally negative at present I would take 15th but would hope players bed in and we can tighten up the defense onward and upwards to Nantwich and lets hope for a complete turn round!!
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 12:06
There has been some negative tactics and some poor games at the Axe for sure. Last night I thought we tried to attack more but they were just slightly better. At 3.1 down we had a couple of decent chances had they gone in it would have been like last season when  it was 2.2 and to be honest we were second best that night. Fine margins . I agree about the atmosphere but we seem to have lost all the more vociferous followers.
Whether that is good or bad is open to debate. But when all you can hear is 15 Warrington fans its not great.
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 13:06
A tough evening in the end. To take the positive, in the first period I thought we got stuck in, battled hard in midfield especially wills and Russell, and it was a very well crafted goal. Two big chances for 2-0 not taken and that could easily have changed the game. Big worry was how quickly that positivity appeared to ebb away once they equalised, and it was a terrible and totally avoidable goal to concede which the defence and / or goalkeeper should have dealt with. Thereafter it was downhill and whilst we did fashion occasional chances I thought Warrington were comfortable and had they needed to could I suspect have added to their tally.
Of course early days but it's an awful start and we need points on the board by close of bank holiday Monday. Form and performances in the calendar year have unquestionably been bottom four material and a lot to work on. A win would work wonders though!
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 16:55
I failed to see many positives from last night. Blinkhorn looked lively for the first 25 minutes, Baker for the last. In between Sam was as industrious as ever but other than that, not a lot. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened when we could and should have gone 2-0 up. The defence looked as if they'd just been introduced before the game. It seemed like they had two or three gears to go up while we were stuck in first. It looks from first glance, as its the first time i've seen them this season, due to no home friendlies, it looks like a long, hard slog. The atmosphere is poor, IMO, because some people, not all, are fed up of PB, his tactics and this Myerscough link, of which the latest three have been promoted to the first team. I don't buy this 'we've only played two games' theory either as it was the same last season. PB and his troops have won 5 out of the last 25 league games, this season and last. You do the math. The Club is in danger of going backwards from a title winning team, full of optimism, to back to where we came from. I've no axe to grind with PB, but his tactics are somewhat archaic and bemusing at times. I hope i'm wrong on all fronts but last nights display didn't fill me with confidence.
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 16:56
I failed to see many positives from last night. Blinkhorn looked lively for the first 25 minutes, Baker for the last. In between Sam was as industrious as ever but other than that, not a lot. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened when we could and should have gone 2-0 up. The defence looked as if they'd just been introduced before the game. It seemed like they had two or three gears to go up while we were stuck in first. It looks from first glance, as its the first time i've seen them this season, due to no home friendlies, it looks like a long, hard slog. The atmosphere is poor, IMO, because some people, not all, are fed up of PB, his tactics and this Myerscough link, of which the latest three have been promoted to the first team. I don't buy this 'we've only played two games' theory either as it was the same last season. PB and his troops have won 5 out of the last 25 league games, this season and last. You do the math. The Club is in danger of going backwards from a title winning team, full of optimism, to back to where we came from. I've no axe to grind with PB, but his tactics are somewhat archaic and bemusing at times. I hope i'm wrong on all fronts but last nights display didn't fill me with confidence.
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 19:59
Well! I sure sparked off some debate and comment Its good to see some input on here as it is the only information us Yorkshire exiles get! Thanks everyone
View user profile

on 22/8/2018, 21:49
There is a large degree of negativity around the Axe, seemingly supported by a number of this board's posters. I tend to lean more towards Mez's point of view. No one can make a case that Tuesday's performance wasn't disappointing, it simply was. We did OK for the first 15-20 minutes, when we move the ball quickly we look a much better (although not a good) side. What attacks we mounted were a bit route one as we tried to get the ball forward as quick as possible. Two of their three goals (1st & 3rd) started with us giving the ball away (plus I thought the keeper should've done better with the third) & the 2nd from poor marking. Baker worked hard after Blinkhorn went off (injured?) but overall his first touch was awful. Really think we need to play 2 up front though, but you have to wonder if we'd gone 2-0 what would've happened. Lightweight in midfield, hopefully Rob Wilson will help that & provide some creativity when he's match fit
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum