Go down
View user profile

default Where to now?

on 9/9/2018, 18:14
So defeat in the F.A. Cup spells the end for PB just as it did for the Peacock/Sinclair team after defeat at Droylsden. So where do we go from here? I hope the playing budget wasn't relying on a cup run. Any views on a successor? Could do worse than a player boss.
View user profile

default Re: Where to now?

on 9/9/2018, 18:52
As long as it isn't anyone from the current squad. We need someone who knows non league well and players respect.We need to stay in this league not be relegated as well
View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 19:21
Can see where this is heading. No-one with sufficient experience of knowledge will apply to impress the board enough and they'll give it to Craig Stanley. OR have they already decided that. We've already been down that road before with Peacock and before that Wainwright/Stringfellow. We can't go down that route again. We need a proper manager who's done it at this level or above. Doesn't matter if he's never even played the game. Having good non-league knowledge and contacts would help too. Not Garry Hunter or Lee Ashcroft either who are rumoured to have applied.
View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 20:56
All the Brown outers will surely come on and tell us the next phase of their brilliant plan.

So, Stanley and Blinkhorn, two of the reasons we're in this state, are leading us now.

Fucking ridiculous. What decent manager is going to come in to this mess?
View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 21:28
Who signed Stanley and Blinkhorn though ?
View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 21:35
Two players who should be able to easily perform at this level, in my opinion.

He also signed a lot of good players. And won a league title. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. I can understand the other side, but without a plan B I never saw the point of it personally.

View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 21:42
With just five wins since Christmas - and the start to this season - surely Brown's position had become untenable. And I think there's only Ben Hudson who he himself didn't sign; others like Wills, Winder, Jarvis and Kilifin had been elsewhere but returned whilst Phil has been manager, so it was definitely his team.

Who next? Who knows? I'm sure there will be plenty of applicants, I suppose we just have to hope the board makes the right decision, there are still 36 games to go.
View user profile

on 9/9/2018, 22:11
Hopefully a temporary appointment, & as such we should stay behind the team. Certainly not a long term plan in my opinion, but God knows who would be willing/able to come in & sort this mess out.First decision should be to drop Craig Stanley, he's been awful at centre half, Blinkhorn has been less at fault in my opinion. Who else did anyone think was going to be put in charge in the interim but the player coach?
I liked PB, he did wonderfully well to get us promoted as champions, but the writing has been on the wall for 9 months, he'd lost the plot/dressing room/will to live/route to goal.
I have no agenda & no axe to grind, I don't care who manages the team, I just want LCFC to do well,plus at least to try to play decent football
View user profile

on 10/9/2018, 10:52
Time for cool heads from everybody. As has been pointed out, this just didn't start this season. Despite the talk of having established ourselves in the division, the truth is that we were in freefall the second half of last season. Presumably Phil was hoping that he could turn things around at the beginning of this season and it is to his credit that he has realised that he couldn't and has given us time to do something about it. He had obviously thought about it, as he resigned immediately at the end of the game. This does not mean the club is in a mess. We are in a position that all clubs find themselves in at some time with a coach/senior players looking after the team, pending a managerial appointment. Instead of slagging off these very same people we need to get behind them. We cannot afford to drift on until a new manager comes in. We need to start picking up some points and with the players we have got. This won't be easy given how tough this division is this year and we could hardly have a more difficult start than tomorrow night's. Stanley, and particularly Blinkhorn and Steele, were very vocal on the pitch Saturday. Let's hope they can galvanize the team for the next few matches, particularly those players who tend to drift through games without producing an end product - too many of them at the moment.
View user profile

on 10/9/2018, 16:55
Last Thursday's fan's forum seems an age ago now - what's that about a week being a long time? I find myself torn between my long held view that Phil, whilst a brilliant coach, was not a natural manager and respect for his commitment to the Club, but in the end it has to be his commitment that counts. I, like others posting here, believe we must not fall into disarray, it's true, as Phil said last week, that some of the players have not produced the performances he expected but at this point in time we are where we are and these players are the ones who will decide how the next few weeks go so to me the only option is to back them, after all it is the Club that matters in the long run.
I assume that Dave McCann has gone with Phil which is a bit disappointing for me, so the course the Club has taken it seems to me is the only one open to them at present, we have 2 games in the next 5 days to get through and continuity at this time is paramount.

As I said at the forum I really felt for Phil this season given the situation he found himself in with an almost non existent pre-season and not being able to get his players used to the pitch prior to the first home match, a lot of the chances for team bonding and unity must be lost when you don't play a game at your own ground before your first competitive match - I'm not excusing the dismal start but I don't think lady luck exactly smiled on us and I do feel there are certain players in the team who would do well to look at some of their performances, for me it didn't all lay at Phil's door - hopefully they can now start to redress the balance.

Finally, at least for now, I must say I have nothing but respect for the way Phil has dealt with what must have seemed something of a nightmare and I think he deserves all our thanks for his total commitment to his time as manager.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum