Go down
View user profile

default Hyde tonight.

on 13/11/2018, 12:41
As this board is sizzling hot at the moment I thought I'd squeeze in a topic. Hyde away in the league w2 l4 d2 . Winnable game , not a must win yet but they are coming if we don't start climbing soon. Think I,d happily take four points from the next two games. Hyde used to be a big non league club backed by Etihad money? Hope they bring a few .
View user profile

default Re: Hyde tonight.

on 13/11/2018, 14:50
Depends which City team turns up, four points from the next two would be OK then a great performance vs Guiseley
View user profile

on 13/11/2018, 15:03
At risk of starting another "Steakgate" thread......I hope its a Mr. Jeckyll performance tonight and not Mr.Hyde! And while I am on her let me say any updates are always welcome for us exiles, some of the twitter has been excellent this year (when someone can be there!) In that light, living as I do 5 miles from Guiseley a draw would not be a disaster however a win would be great!!
View user profile

on 13/11/2018, 23:01
A massive 3 points for us tonight which did not look likely at HT. Connor Simpson (remember him from last season) put them in front. They had a free header after that which luckily was tame and Sims saved easily. They also had a good chance from a cross which was a tame shot in the second half. We then got the penalty which was needlessly conceded and Rob Wilson converted the penalty. We were the better side after that and another error let Rob Wilson in for his second. We defended well against s big side and Williams Hudson and Stanley defended really well. The whole team worked really hard and you could tell what the win meant to the team and management. Another 3 points Saturday and we will have a gap although we have played more games
View user profile

on 14/11/2018, 11:44
Think that review is spot on . They were very physical we coped with it well. Their misses were crucial. Although some would disagree I liked the fact there were a few students there and they were buying a few ales fair play . Its all money in the bank as far as I,m concerned . On to Stafford with some confidence another big non league club fallen on tough times.
View user profile

on 14/11/2018, 16:21
We started well & for the first 15 minutes or so I thought that we were gowing into the game & establishing some control, then some sloppy defending allowed Simpson to make a finish that I didn't think he was capable of from his time with us, giving Simms no chance. After that we went route one & looked pretty poor. At halftime I thought that we looked like relegation fodder. They gave us a soft penalty dor a push in the second half & from then we were the better team. Rob Wilson took a great pen, & his finish for the second was classd too. We knocked the ball about well & it was an exciting second half If we had played like that for the full 90 minutes, we would've won comfortably. We showed great committment & team spirit. I agree that it was good to see the students down watching, hope they enjoyed it & will come again
View user profile

on 14/11/2018, 17:31
agreed, thought as the first half went on we struggled to match their intensity and physicality, they closed down very quickly and forced the errors from us. Agree also re Simpson, he looked a different player to the one who found it tough going - admittedly in an out-of-form team - here last season. And with his miss v Stafford being mentioned in Fr Keefe's usual entertaining programme notes last night it should have been written in the stars that it would be the only goal of the game. However much improved second half, tables turned energy-wise as we harried them and in turn forced their mistakes for our goals, Rob WIlson played well in particular I thought and Cole Lonsdale looks an interesting option down the left, be good to watch how that progresses.
Big month or so ahead with the likes of Stafford, Ferriby and further ahead Workington to come
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum