Go down
View user profile

default Stafford

on 19/11/2018, 09:35
Not much to write home about then?
View user profile

default Re: Stafford

on 19/11/2018, 10:02
I wasn't there but four points from the last two games I think is a good return . Although playing 10 men for half the game maybe not? Can someone give us a report please?
View user profile

on 19/11/2018, 10:26
I wasn't there either but it does seem that we have difficulty breaking teams down when they are a man short. It happened at Witton and again on Saturday. We seem to be more solid now in defence but still short of firepower up front, as evidenced by the fact that we have failed to score more than two goals in any game this season.
View user profile

on 19/11/2018, 13:29
You cannot fault the effort but once again Stafford had tall defenders and Ryan and Tom will always struggle in the air. Tom did win one late on but was saved. We are relying on picking up 2nd balls after the defence heads out. Cole Lonsdale put 2 glorious crosses in the first half but nobody got on the end of them. Ryan did the same 2nd half but nothing came of it. In the league Ryan and Tom have both scored one goal each. Hopefully we will be more of a threat when Sam and Paul are back. Unsure if Paul Dugdale is fully fit but he is stuck on the bench. He is good coming forward and putting decent balls in..We have stopped leaking goals so hopefully in time scoring goals will not be a problem
View user profile

on 19/11/2018, 13:52
Merely to continue the theme, I wasn't there either.
View user profile

on 22/11/2018, 19:11
I was there! I was disappointed that we managed to force only one save from their keeper (from Killer's flicked header) after playing against ten men for around 55 minutes. They wasted time & stole yards at free kicks& throw ins vey well, but we hardly put them under any pressure at all. Ryan isn't an out & out striker, her should be playing wide & putting the ball into the box for someone who is. He scores goals when playing wider/deeper, he's nothing like a target man. The lad with the double-barreled name muct be really unfit not to have got a longer run-out & whwen is Blinkhorn going to be fit?He is a target man!
Defensively we look a lot more organised, & hardly looked like conceeding, but we're struggling to score goals
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum