Go down
View user profile

default Guiseley

on 25/11/2018, 09:42
Our best performance of the season so far! Guiseley looked a good side, moved the ball well, had some skillful & quick players, but I thought that we dealt with them well. We showed some real attacking intent for a change & it paid off.We were also committed in the tackle & organised & solid in defence. There was space down our right that we didn't exploit enough until Ryan came on as a sub. I can understand why, with Glenn playing in midfield (which worked defensively) but it was an oppurtunity missed I thought.
Our first was a free-header from a corner, their equaliser was a horrid scruffy lucky affair begining with a badly miss-hit shot that turned into a great pass. Our second was another quality effort by Mr Wilson, lifting the ball over the keeper stood close to the penalty spot from around 20 yards out. Their injury time leveller was a bugger, coming after we fisrtly gave the ball away on our left, then conceeded a stupid free kick, & finally couldn't defend the resulting cross. It was an open, flowing game which I enjoyed very much. I don't think that the fact that we played well, & that Matty Blinkhorn had his best game in a Dolly Blue shirt are unconnected. He showed his quality & experience battling against big defenders, winning & holding up the ball, and winning freekicks.
I wouldn't like to pick a MOTM, but the candidates for me would be Blinkhorn, Wilson, Steel, Wills, Kilifin. Choose your own from the list, or pick someone else!
View user profile

default Re: Guiseley

on 25/11/2018, 10:36
Totally agree. For a change, we looked really dangerous in attack and really deserved to win but just couldn't get over the line. Also have to agree that their last minute equalizer could and should have been avoided but we are in that hat and I wouldn't rule us out in the replay. Their manager was going to use some squad players in their original County Cup fixture so imagine he'll want to play a strong side and their F.A. Cup game isn't until Monday so we'll have a tough task, but if we play as well as we did yesterday we definitely have a chance.
View user profile

on 25/11/2018, 12:37
Guiseley Asst. Manager Russ O'Neil's 2 minute interview on the Guiseley website is well worth a listen. Effusive in his praise for the City performance, feels hs side were very fortunate to get a replay. High praise for City's aggression and style of play, and could not have been more complimentary. Really good to hear !!
View user profile

on 25/11/2018, 16:23
I heard that too, along with an interview with the lad who got the second equalizer. He was disappointed with their performance and obviously keen to put it right on Tuesday. They genuinely believe they can go a long way in the competition, whereas I think we realistically think of it as a welcome distraction from our league worries. We will certainly have to be at our very best to get a result. I was really disappointed with yesterday's attendance for what was probably our most important game of the season. It was really no better than a league match in that respect. I'm sure the powers that be would have hoped for quite a few more through the gate.
View user profile

on 26/11/2018, 15:43
Another home draw against Blyth Spartans if we can win the replay. No reason why we cannot do it if we matched them on Saturday.
View user profile

on 3/12/2018, 22:20
Just watched Guiseley on BT Sport . Nice for us to get a couple of mentions. Glad they didn't draw as that could have caused another postponement. They looked a bit dodgy in defence, which should be some encouragement, and second half they hardly had a sniff. If we can get our noses in front I'd fancy our chances.
View user profile

on 9/12/2018, 12:16
Just seen Guisley' game yesterday was called off due to pitch condition. Do they ever play at home?
View user profile

on 9/12/2018, 12:30
Only when their hose pipes freeze up!! Twisted Evil Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum