Was anyone there?
View user profile

default Re: Blyth

on 18/12/2018, 08:11
Yes!......
View user profile

on 18/12/2018, 11:08
Just read the Guardian online and there were no less than SIX articles about Morecambe FC. Why is it called the Lancaster Guardian?
View user profile

on 18/12/2018, 14:48
It's a good question T but lack of coverage usually has something to do with lack of input - I don't know that's the case but suspect it could be. With regard to Saturday I was also one of those in attendance - it isn't my sort of thing to leave before the final whistle but given that I was suffering from flu, we were 3-0 down and the last 15 minutes looked like being a long haul I departed with 15 to go - given the events in that 15 and my frame of mind at 1630 it's perhaps as well I did. How we managed to fall off a cliff (an expression that appears to be in vogue at present) from 1615 onwards bears some examination and for me totally revolves round the tackle in front of Blyth's dugout by, if memory serves right, their no.10. First thing to say is I have no argument with the claim it was a red card challenge, however given the events that followed I felt the officials got it right and I say this because the reactions of both Fensome & Kilifin were intimidatory and if the officials had walked the Blyth player they would have been within their rights to at least book both City players and maybe even have walked Killer - heads in faces are frowned on by the FA. After consulting his officials the referee booked their player and the game restarted, from that moment we were never in it, which, given that we would have been long odds on to score at that stage given the fact that we had them rocking before the incident, was a terrible indictment on our discipline, or lack of it. We seemed to switch off, were our minds on the incident and a perceived injustice? - in the technical area this certainly seemed to be the case, Fell waded into the 4th official big time, it'll be interesting to see if that goes anywhere, and might consider himself lucky to have been able to stay in the technical area.

I have been concerned for some weeks at the apparent nosedive our discipline on the pitch has taken, in 16 games since Mark Fell took over we have taken 20 Yellow cards and 2 reds, not the sort of record that will win us the fair play award as we have done regularly in recent seasons.
View user profile

on 19/12/2018, 17:54
With regards to your comment about discipline since Fell’s arrival DM, I’m proper not arsed. That’s not as aggressive as it sounds haha. I’m sure many people are in the same boat and see happy to see people flying in if it’s means better than what we endured at the start of the season.

I can’t comment on the dugout incident as I was in the Shed.

Probably worth mentioning at this point a few Rammy fans said Fell was a Gobshite Laughing
View user profile

on 19/12/2018, 18:06
No offence taken D I'm just reporting it as I see it - we're all entitled to think what we like and I'm sure we all have different perspectives and opinions.
Would just say that the best manager we have had in years, namely TH, was involved in a respect debate in the old Dolly Blue Tavern some years ago along with League reps and referees reps and it was clear from the evidence he provided, and which seemed generally accepted, that teams do far better with a good disciplinary record.
View user profile

on 19/12/2018, 23:10
New to the forum as my lad hasn’t long been at the club. Would appear to me that a bit of bite is what’s been missing! Lads look to me to be fighting for every point and long may it continue
View user profile

on 20/12/2018, 17:52
Which lad would that be?
alasher
View user profile

on 23/12/2018, 10:22
I usually agree with most things you say Dave, but if while I don't want pointless agression I'd much rather see some passion. I think we can overlook the two dismissals inb this game as being at least in part due to the conditions.
Blyth were the better side & deserved to win, but the spell at the start of the second half again highlighted our need for a regular/reliable goal scorer. We created enough chances to easily take the lead, which may have changed the eventual outcome
View user profile

on 23/12/2018, 12:09
I agree with what you say Steve, I wasn't saying that we don't need passion, in fact I would go as far as to say without passion you are going nowhere, what I was getting at was control and discipline - hand out the physical yes, but don't over react when they hand it out, just smile and get on with it. The game totally changed after that tackle, we lost our focus on the pitch and, more worryingly, in the technical area and within 15 minutes we were 3-0 down in a game our performance in the first 15 minutes of the second half suggested we had a good chance of getting a result. Again I agree on the striker comment, anyone who looked at Blinkhorn's career stats up to when he signed was delusional if they thought he was going to get us goals a plenty, PB signed him for his experience up front and presumably hoped that would bring others into a goal scoring role, sadly that has not materialised and it is now our weakest area, Saturday was another case in point.

I can't comment on the circumstances surrounding the two sending off incidents as I had already left but talking around yesterday there seemed to be agreement around Dugdale being very hard done by and probably the Stanley one was justified.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum