Go down
alasher
View user profile

default Wukkie

on 26/12/2018, 11:13
If we can manage to get a rare home win this afternoon, & other results go our way (which,lokking at the fixtures they easily could) we could find ourselves in a decent position come this evening. Fingers crossed! #COYDB
View user profile

default Re: Wukkie

on 26/12/2018, 18:14
Does not sound good.....a game we should expect to win.....depressed Embarassed
View user profile

on 26/12/2018, 19:19
Wasn't there, but defeat against a side which hadn't won away all season, together with yet another
blank in the goals scored column, tells its own story. If we continue to fail to score, it just puts pressure on the defence and we end up losing games we should win. We are crying out for a goalscorer. Blinks and Killer are not the answer as neither is a genuine goalscorer.
alasher
View user profile

on 26/12/2018, 21:18
You were lucky not to be there Toby! The most clueless performance we have put in for weeks. We barely had an attempt on target against a poor side. We largely failed to get hold of the ball in midfield, & when we did, we did nothing with it. We need a big bounce back at Marine.
I'm not sure why we changed a team that played so well last Saturday
View user profile

on 28/12/2018, 14:55
Well after South Shields it was a bit of a wake up call. To give Workington credit they were slighty better than us in the first half simply by being quicker in the tackle and closing down. Which was a disappointment . They came out of the blocks quicker than us and scored a well worked goal. We had chances but they didn,t fall right. Was in the car park for their second. Marine becomes a big game and we could do with a positive result and performance . We are not out of the woods yet.
View user profile

on 29/12/2018, 13:07
Definitely not out of the woods. I'm pleased to see a better disciplinary approach, no bookings in the last two implies lessons were learnt from the Blyth game and credit must be given for that, however we now seem to be unable to compete consistently and there's no doubt we are in desperate need of a goalscorer. PB said when he signed Matty Blinkhorn that it was more about his experience than the goals he would score, he hoped that experience would bring on the likes of Killer but as is alluded to above that has not been the case and Killer doesn't look the answer to our problem, not that I'm saying Killer shouldn't be in the team I think he should but for other reasons. I'm not really sure where we are headed, part of the problem seems to be a lack of direction, I don't really know why Dugdale was replaced by Cole, we seem weaker on the left as a result of that, and I'm still waiting for Luke to show me why he's in there although to be fair he hasn't had a lot of chances to show his worth. Norris looked good for 25 minutes at North Ferriby but has looked ordinary in more competitive matches since and all these things point to the quality of player MF seems keen on, at the moment I don't get it and something will have to change radically to convince me we are heading in the right direction - not good news that Craig Stanley has departed, we have back 4 cover but he of all the more experienced players was probably the most consistent and I hope it isn't going to be the forerunner to an exodus of others we can't afford to lose.
Looking at the way Ramsbottom seem to be going it looks, at the moment, as if they came out of the management merry-go-round best of the two of us, come on Mark prove me wrong.

Could have done with a game today, it'll be a long Saturday afternoon - season's greetings to one and all.
alasher
View user profile

on 31/12/2018, 14:06
I agree that the new signings are no improvement on what we already had. I can't understand why Jarvo was dropped after having his best game for us this time round. Playing Norris instead of Glenn I could understand, but it didn't work out, I would've taken Norris off instead of Wills. Goals are the whole point of football, so we really are missing out!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum