Go down
View user profile

default Away day blues

on 2/1/2019, 14:17
The deafening silence regarding the defeat at Marine seems to sum up our current predicament. MF was confident that we would be looking up the table after Xmas but we appear to be back in a relegation dogfight now after amassing the grand total of one point from the last four games. We now have the worst goal difference in the division and have scored the fewest goals. If we accept that North Ferriby are doomed, then we are in danger of fighting it out with the likes of Workington and Marine, both of whom have beaten us in the last week. Worrying times.
View user profile

default Re: Away day blues

on 2/1/2019, 17:52
I guess my take is there's no point in worrying about it because that won't help but I take the point all the same. As I expected there was a lot of tension around especially in the first half yesterday but once we went ahead I did think we might relax a bit and maybe press higher up the field but we didn't - to be fair to MF he was screaming at Killer and Charlie Bailey to stay high when we were defending but they drifted deeper and deeper and there was no outlet when we eventually obtained possession. The goal before half time was a sucker punch but it was one hell of a delivery from a free kick out wide right - can't blame Steely for it because it was the pace that caused the damage. For a short spell early in the second half we seemed to press higher but soon drifted into our first half failings, at one point we were inviting them on so much we had every player in our own defensive quarter and it was at that point I feared the worst - I guess they wanted the victory more than us.
One thing I found perplexing was taking Simon Wills off after they scored their second, maybe he is injured but it was the second game it has happened and it did leave a big hole in front of the back four, he is our Captain after all and one of our most consistent performers - it was no surprise they got a third. It's back to the drawing board then with every game now a potential cup tie, January has become a make or break month now.
alasher
View user profile

on 4/1/2019, 11:09
Anyonw who was there got any thoughts on the "stonewall" penalty, or offside goalthat should've stood as mentioned by MF in the s/c newsletter?
View user profile

on 5/1/2019, 12:56
In short Steve no. I'm never sure about using words like 'stonewall' in those circumstances, what I will say is I'm not always sure MF and I are talking about the same game but then it is always about personal interpretation I guess and I don't get to see any video evidence - you win some and you lose some anyway.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum