Go down
alasher
View user profile

default Nantwich

on 21/4/2019, 08:13
Not sure what the idea behind the initial team selection was, but if it was to see what we need for next season then it was a good idea! I think we have a reasonable first 11, but not too much in reserve. We lack any real midfield guile & creativity, spending the first half hoofing the ball upfield without having anyone who looked like winning it in the air. If we'd played for the full 90 minutes instead of not bothering for the first 20 it might've been a different game. Once they took the lead, they were able to drop deep & we weren't able to create much, although Killer put in a wonderful couple of crosses, one of which Blinks should've converted. then Killer himself should've done better late on. We need to address the issue of our lack of goals for next term. No complaints about the effort or committment on a very hot afternoon, just the end product
View user profile

default Re: Nantwich

on 21/4/2019, 10:01
Woeful for 15 minutes and that was enough for them. What I would say is at least we’ve got a manager who isn’t afraid to make changes, 3 at half time that could of swung it back in our favour with the chances we had after the break. Nantwich are a playoff side and proved it with a strong start, but after half time was pretty one way traffic with Dollies in the ascendancy. But fact is we don’t have a 20+ a season striker and that must be top of the shopping list in the summer.

I assume the selection was due to the fact some of the older lads can’t play 2 games in 3 days? If so I’d expect them all to play against wukki.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum