Go down
alasher
alasher

default Hit for six!

on 25/9/2019, 09:02
A bit of goal-fest resulting in a convincing win. It's good to see that we scored a few, although again none were scored by a recognised striker. It would seem that, as suggested on another thread, the return of Dawson & Carsley did add some grit to the side.Anyone know anything about Rowan Roache? Or indeed about Sam Joel? Is he injured? Is he still with us?
Looking at twitter (who had presumably done as suggested & spent some time in a dark room, complete with damp cloth) we seemed to pay quite well, although we also seemed to endure a period of pressure in the second half.
Onwards & upwards #COYDB
South of the river

default Re: Hit for six!

on 25/9/2019, 09:50
You've posed a few too many questions Lash. However, the Axe is again a place for goals.
sparrows left peg

on 25/9/2019, 09:52
Rowan Roache is from Blackpool, highly-rated by all accounts so i presume it's just a loan. He's previously been out on loan to Southport, FCUM as well as Derby Co. u23's. A striker. At the same time, rumour has it that it's just a loan, Sam Joel has joined Holker Old Boys. Strange goings on if it's a permanent move, he's far too good for that league IMO and indeed scored a hat-trick and hit the post twice for them on his debut on Saturday. Never been given a chance at the Axe by the manager, especially as we have two OAP's up top besides Big Bad Brad. Always rated Joel whenever i've seen him. Him and Carsley were tremendous together pre-season. Just a little note to SOTR, no i hadn't abandoned to forum for FB. I do both. I got a new-ish laptop but couldn't for the life of me find my log in details. No Percy that's not a draw.
sparrows left peg

on 25/9/2019, 09:54
THE forum for FB. Sorry Perce.
BigDD

on 25/9/2019, 10:49
I went for a look, wasn’t a great game, we took our chances they didn’t. Dawson best player on the pitch by a country mile, not sure what Cowperthwaite gives that Wills doesn’t, new lad from Blackpool looked decent. All in all 6 goals scored and without Norris, Walker, Blinkhorn etc
Brocker

on 25/9/2019, 19:25
Not good to hear that a lower league side created chances. Defensively, we appear to have a sizeable problem.
alasher
alasher

on 28/9/2019, 08:51
Thanks for the info Spadg. Mark says in this week's S/C newsletter that Sam Joel didn't make the most of the (limited) chances he got. Who did he feature against? I haven't seen many games yet this season, but I don't remember seeing him. Maybe that's just my age though? Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum