Go down
BigDD

default Warrington

on 9/10/2019, 08:28
I guess a point at Warrington is a good point?
Tobycarvery

default Re: Warrington

on 9/10/2019, 11:59
A good point indeed. Six points from the next two home games should keep us well in the mix. Strange to think that we are unbeaten at home but have only scored seven goals and failed to score twice, but have notched 22 goals in 8 away games and scored in every game. Certainly makes for entertaining viewing on our travels. Didn't see last night's game, but it seems it was quite eventful. Our disciplinary record is a bit of a worry though.
alasher
alasher

on 10/10/2019, 19:10
The first half was pretty even, both defences looked vulnerable. Wire's floodlights are poor & as I was at the opposite end of the ground I can't comment any more about either of their goals other than to than to say that both came from crosses, the first a corner. Paul Dawson's free kick to make it one all was a belter! When they went down to ten men, we moved the ball apart quite smartly, shifting them about the field & it looked like just a matter of time until we equalised for the second time. Strangely in the second half, although we had a lot of the ball, it looked at times like we had ten men and not them, as they cut through our midfield with ease. I'd just about given up when Rob Wilson struck a pearler into the top corner to earn us a point .
Simon Wills got two yellow cards in short order, but the second one was a bit odd. There was a challenge in which three of our players were in close attendance. The ref immediately showed a yellow to Simon, but then after to speaking to the liner seemed to accept that Sam Bailey had committed the foul & showed him a yellow. There was no rescinding of the card shown to Wills though, so he had to leave the field. We equalised after this.
Another suspension to add to our woes though
Betterdeadthanred

on 10/10/2019, 20:37
Wills was shown a second yellow for dissent,Dawson who was our best player yet again was lucky to stay on the pitch.totally agree that our disaplinary record is a worry, maybe a look at our managers example is to blame for this .Personally I think he's doing a brilliant job but he his very vocal to say the least towards linesmen or the referees and maybe this attitude is playing a part towards a lot more cards our players are receiving
Old Fan

on 11/10/2019, 12:16
Disciplinary issues is a difficult one to decide upon. Personally I would prefer to be in our present league position than discussing relegation but in line for the fair players award.

I recall going back to the reasonably successful Alan Tinsley days that one of the players told me he got a rollicking for NOT arguing with the referee over one of his decisions!
Brocker

on 11/10/2019, 14:11
Where referees were concerned, Alan Tinsley was in a league of his own. Practically every game involved the referee heading to the dugout to have words with Mr. T. His daftest ploy was to shout, every time an opposing player was penalised, "Do something about it then" apparently not grasping that, if the ref cautioned opposing players for every foul, he would have to do the same for our players. A great manager, but not helpful to himself where match officials were concerned.
BigDD

on 11/10/2019, 14:48
Fair play to Felly who as Keith said approached the discipline question head on in his notes this week. Can’t really argue with anything he’s said, honest as ever
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum