Go down
alasher
alasher

default A U

on 13/10/2019, 10:19
Another win, in front of an impressive non-league day crowd. Respect to the club for getting over 300 people on the Axe on a day when our neighbours had well-supported visitors (& went bottom of the league) I thought that the club did really well promoting this game in various ways.
I think that due to the number of injuries that the team more or less picked itself, but it's good to see a couple of young lads from the ressies getting a game (& not letting themselves or the team down) While I don't think it was the best we have played, we did more than enough to win the game. Chuck Norris is on fire at the moment & team selection is going to be interesting when all our strikers are fit. Worrying to see that Paul Dawson seemed to have an ice pack on his knee after coming off, and Sam Bailey leave the field looking like he had a groin strain. Sam Ashton had an outstanding game, making three or four excellent saves, a really important one from a header when it was still nil-nil. It could've been a very different game if we had gone one down early on. I'm also not sure how they failed to score a couple of times late in the game, but a clean sheet is always welcome.
Lots of positives again
Again

default Re: A U

on 13/10/2019, 10:56
Agree with everything said above. Its good to see we have other ways than a pointless long ball forward of moving the ball around the pitch for me Charlie Bailey has added to this immensely. Its also good to see we have eliminated the 'cant be arsed this week' part of our game and yes well done to everyone at the club it did feel very different yesterday
Newdolly

on 13/10/2019, 16:01
First time poster here - I'm new to the area and the club.
Agree with the posts above. My grand daughter my grand daughter brought a flyer home from school and we saw the boys in town yesterday so a great effort from the club to promote non league day. Looked like more than the reported 317 to me but thought it was a great atmosphere. Decent game, 3 goals and 3rd in the league. Felt like a club on the up, will definetely be back.
sparrows left peg

on 13/10/2019, 16:55
First of all...welcome Newdolly..glad you enjoyed the occasion. Thought we played really well all over the park yesterday, though they weren't the best opposition i've seen this season, more like the worst. Picking out some individuals, Chuck Norris continues to defy his 60 odd years. Truly inspirational display, his energy levels are amazing. Sam Ashton made three superb saves, the first came at a crucial time, who knows what would have happened if we'd have gone 1-0 down. Considering he got kicked from pillar to post, i thought Charlie Bailey was tremendous also. His skill level at times left Ashton with no option but to hack him down. The No. 5 especially. I was also impressed with the young lad Matty Williams, considering i believe he's a centre-half by trade, he played really well at left-back. Lastly, Alasher, you say it'll be interesting to see what'll happen when all our strikers are fit. No problem, Brad Carsley plays, Blinkhorn doesn't...seeemples. If he plays with two up top, then it's Carsley and Walker IMO.
alasher
alasher

on 13/10/2019, 17:57
Welcome from me too Newdolly, glad you enjoyed your day & hope you return with your granddaughter soon.

I meant to mention Williams too. I thought that he had an outstanding game. In him & Armer we have two very promising defenders on loan.
As far as strikers go. when Carsley is fit for me he starts. I'm not so sure about Walker, I think Blinkhorn offers more,but what about Norris & Carsley together? Having to have played Norris up front seems to have solved a lot of our midfield issues.Obviously I would never exclude Chuck from the team, but he's doing amazingly well up front.

Discuss ...........
Brocker

on 13/10/2019, 18:51
The injury list must be driving Mark even more hairless than he is to begin with. There were only three outfield subs named yesterday, all of whom, it has to be said, acquitted themselves well when they came on. Is there any news on Walker and Thompson, or on Ben Hudson's scan? The news about Paul Jarvis is tragic. We can only hope and pray that he responds to treatment.
Among all the justified jubilation, I can't help pointing out that our gate yesterday was still the second lowest in the division., which means that we can't hope to compete at a higher level. It is the decades old question: why aren't Lancaster folk interested in supporting their team?
Some bizarre results: Buxton score seven in midweek for their first win of the season, then ship seven yesterday. The sleeping giant which is FCUM is clearly awakening.
sparrows left peg

on 13/10/2019, 19:23
On that subject, there looked to be far more than 317 on IMO
BigDD

on 13/10/2019, 20:17
Agree looked a lot more than 300 on. Would promotion bring more through the gate? It certainly would in a way fans with some of the big hitters in the conference north. Do the club even want to go up? Seen it plenty of times where budgets are cut rather than managers supported to make the step up, and where would that leave Felly and Graham?
alasher
alasher

on 13/10/2019, 20:40
I very much doubt that the club would sabotage itself in terms of any promotion/playoff challenge, cutting the budget or whatever. Whether going up would actually be in the club's long term best interests could be debatable. Mark & Graham would have to work miracles to keep us safe in the division above on what would probably be the lowest budget by a country mile.
Addressing Tony's point about crowds.....the unanswerable question.....although ours may be small, it's good to see them increasing
Betterdeadthanred

on 14/10/2019, 18:19
Addressing the crowd issue when them over water go down and we go up all of a sudden all the lancaster people now supporting our horrible neighbours will switch allegiance simple😅
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum