cup fever

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default cup fever

Post by gaz1889 on 1/10/2013, 15:08

What times the ground open tonight?....not been this excited since the Euro 96 semi.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: cup fever

Post by Conmac End on 1/10/2013, 16:32

gaz1889 wrote:What times the ground open tonight?....not been this excited since the Euro 96 semi.
You love it Gaz!!

Lets get the Shed Rocking!! COYMDB DPBWA

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 1/10/2013, 17:27

Think the ground and bar etc. usually open about 45 mins to 1 hour before before kick off.

Looking forward to The Shed this evening!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 1/10/2013, 22:38

So we lost 1-2, heads up Lads, the Journey to Wembley starts on sat'!

Lost 1 in 20, good enough for me!

DPBWA.

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 1/10/2013, 23:31

Conmac End wrote:So we lost 1-2, heads up Lads, the Journey to Wembley starts on sat'!

Lost 1 in 20, good enough for me!

DPBWA.
Aye I'd have taken that after last season! In terms of the league, Kendal lost and Northwich dropped 2 points so we're joint 2nd on points per game. Onwards and upwards!

FA Trophy on Sat. Another much needed financial boost with £2,500 up for grabs.

Tonight's game had a entertaining last 15 minutes and a piss poor rest. We'll have forgotten after another few good wins. Cool 

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDelly on 2/10/2013, 07:40

Ever the part-timer(not), I didn't get there till the last 25 mins or so. Pendo's looked a bit withdrawn and disperky with things, which is usually a decent marker as to how the game'd gone upto then. Chances were again at a premium, the best being Si Wearing's fluffed 1 on 1 and we had to score for them. For what it's worth, their second 'proper' goal on 54 looked offside in the world according to Maccers.
I witnessed our best spell then culminating in Jacko's glancing header goal and Billy just failing to poke home an equaliser.

I think at the moment, we're just missing that out and out incisive striker.

However, we will beat New Mills.
TheRealDelly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 2/10/2013, 09:40

We seemed to get poorer through most of the second half and looked like we could never even come near scoring. But then the subs changed things, as so often happens, and it was proverbial kitchen sink time and we came close to taking it into extra time. However, looking at the game as a whole, the better side won.

I wasn't at all impressed with Danny Mahoney's behaviour when he was substituted. When your side's two nil down in the middle of the second half and your manager wants to take you off you should sprint to the touchline (as exemplified by Tommy K a few minutes later). But Danny ambled as slowly as he could. He needs a powerful injection of urgency and positive spirit if he is to remain an asset to the team.

Good size crowd, good atmosphere even when things weren't going at all well. A few may have come just for the FA Cup glory (!) but with luck the City display in the final 15 minutes will have persuaded them to keep coming.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 2/10/2013, 11:27

CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:We seemed to get poorer through most of the second half and looked like we could never even come near scoring.  But then the subs changed things, as so often happens, and it was proverbial kitchen sink time and we came close to taking it into extra time.  However, looking at the game as a whole, the better side won.

I wasn't at all impressed with Danny Mahoney's behaviour when he was substituted.  When your side's two nil down in the middle of the second half and your manager wants to take you off you should sprint to the touchline (as exemplified by Tommy K a few minutes later).  But Danny ambled as slowly as he could.  He needs a powerful injection of urgency and positive spirit if he is to remain an asset to the team.

Good size crowd, good atmosphere even when things weren't going at all well.  A few may have come just for the FA Cup glory (!) but with luck the City display in the final 15 minutes will have persuaded them to keep coming.
Well said about the subs!

There's nobody bigger than our club.

IPWT. DPBWA

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brocker on 2/10/2013, 13:14

Yes, have to agree about Danny. Ability in bucketsful, but attitude needs attention, as the substitution clearly showed.Neutral  

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 2/10/2013, 16:30

Okay he's made a mistake. Clearly upset at being subbed but i'm sure the management will have a word. Some of the comments directed at him near me were out of order. Don't crucify him. Also some bright spark shouting for Tom Ince to be subbed after his first couple of touches left me embarrassed.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum