Mick Hoyle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Mick Hoyle

Post by Mad Cyril on 21/11/2013, 09:22

A big thanks to Mick, without whom we probably wouldn't have a club.

All the best for your future endeavours.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Mick Hoyle

Post by Conmac End on 21/11/2013, 09:26

Cheers Mick for all you've done for the club!

Get yourself on the minibus with us.

Once a Dolly always a Dolly!

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 21/11/2013, 09:47

Just wanted to add my thanks for all the good you did for the club Mick.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 21/11/2013, 10:55

Thanks for everything you did for the club, Mick, without you we wouldnt have a club to support. I hope that the current incumbents are as long serving, hard working & loyal as you have been.
Hopefully we will see you on the terraces....I'm sure that you will be able to come up with a few tuneful, witty chants Very Happy 
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Cyril on 22/11/2013, 22:20

I find the lack of posts on this thread a bit depressing. Like him or loathe him, without him (and a few others) we would be clubless.

Once a dolly always a dolly!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Jimmy on 24/11/2013, 08:38

I personally feel that Mick will eventually return. As director of football he was, due to his contacts and vast experience in non league football, responsible for signing the vast majority of the 1st team squad. I certainly hope this to be the case anyway.

Doctor Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cityuntilidie on 24/11/2013, 08:57

Surely Darren checks players out and decides who he wants to sign. I have no problem with Mick at all being a director or doing what he does best which is getting sponsorship for the club and advertisement. I just feel that the manager should be in total charge of football matters.

cityuntilidie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 24/11/2013, 09:15

cityuntilidie wrote:Surely Darren checks players out and decides who he wants to sign. I have no problem with Mick at all being a director or doing what he does best which is getting sponsorship for the club and advertisement. I just feel that the manager should be in total charge of football matters.
Completely agree with all this.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janb on 24/11/2013, 10:27

cityuntilidie wrote:Surely Darren checks players out and decides who he wants to sign. I have no problem with Mick at all being a director or doing what he does best which is getting sponsorship for the club and advertisement. I just feel that the manager should be in total charge of football matters.
Well, Lancaster have been operating the DoF and Head Coach model though. So in that model the DoF would be responsible for recruitment, however obviously there would be consultation and no point signing anyone the Head Coach is passionately opposed to. Its a model that the English struggle to come to terms with and implement correctly, but West Brom would probably be best English model, with a strong chairman in Jeremy Peace, and then Dan Ashworth and now Richard Garlick in the Sporting Director role they can shape the way the club is run long term and provide continuity regardless of whether Mowbray, Di Matteo, Hodgson, or Clarke etc is Head Coach. At that level where you are running a multimillion £ business then its really a no brainer. That said down here where the demands on the manager/coach time are not so great then the more traditional manager role is still valid but it depends on the personnel involved.

The issue with the way Mick fulfilled the role was not necessarily recruitment or off the field, rather that a DoF should be in the stands not the dugout, that is the Head Coach's domain.

View user profile http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 30/11/2013, 22:46

janb wrote:
Well, Lancaster have been operating the DoF and Head Coach model though. So in that model the DoF would be responsible for recruitment, however obviously there would be consultation and no point signing anyone the Head Coach is passionately opposed to. Its a model that the English struggle to come to terms with and implement correctly, but West Brom would probably be best English model, with a strong chairman in Jeremy Peace, and then Dan Ashworth and now Richard Garlick in the Sporting Director role they can shape the way the club is run long term and provide continuity regardless of whether Mowbray, Di Matteo, Hodgson, or Clarke etc is Head Coach. At that level where you are running a multimillion £ business then its really a no brainer. That said down here where the demands on the manager/coach time are not so great then the more traditional manager role is still valid but it depends on the personnel involved.

The issue with the way Mick fulfilled the role was not necessarily recruitment or off the field, rather that a DoF should be in the stands not the dugout, that is the Head Coach's domain.

What on earth are you going on about ? Do you know how to make a trivial comment ?  Let's not go down the tedious avenue of boredom.  Lighten up a tad Janet Very Happy .

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum