i didn't go.

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Farsey

Post by Miss Lady Bird on 1/12/2013, 08:41

AJ wrote:Any thoughts... ?
i didn't go.
I think you spelt it wrong! Oh...you meant thoughts about the match? I don't have any, I didn't go either....Laughing 

Miss Lady Bird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on 1/12/2013, 10:17

Haha! Didn't see that Razz

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 1/12/2013, 11:13

Overall we probably should have had a point, we've now conceded penalties in our last three games at this ground. We scored with a Winder header following a great cross from Kilifin. Farsley put plenty of crosses in both from open play and from free kicks but I can't recall Hale having to make too many saves throughout the whole game. When the score was 1-1 both Winder and Kilifin had good efforts blocked by defenders which on another day could have restored our lead. The winner came from a header from a right wing cross with just a handful of minutes left. So after 12 wins in Yorkshire, the 13th game was unlucky for us!

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on 1/12/2013, 11:31

Thanks for that Smile How did Connerton get on?

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 1/12/2013, 12:35

I didn't go either but the bench looked a bit thread-bare. Only four subs, none what you would call match winners. I believe Swarbrick has gone again, that makes it him, Thompson, Mahoney and MacDonald have gone in the last few weeks with Connie coming in. Any news of any more arrivals. By the way, Farsley's angle on the game was a deserved victory but they would say that wouldn't they or maybe they were right.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on 1/12/2013, 13:09

I think our bench has been poor all season, not a single game changing option.
By that I don't necessarily mean a top player, more someone with maybe even just one game changing attribute, be it pace, presence, goals (would be nice I know), etc

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on 1/12/2013, 13:09

Wearing could be that man going forward...

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 1/12/2013, 20:21

The problem is that there's not much patience or loyalty these days in this league and, quite often, pretty soon after a player has been left out he buggers off. From the team that played in the opening game of the season against Cammell Laird, Macdonald, Taylor, Liley and Mahoney have departed and others such as Ince, Swarbrick (?) and Thompson have come and gone. It's not as if we can tempt them to stay by offering them big wages.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 2/12/2013, 11:54

Lack of options from the bench really became an issue as we tired towards the end of the game. The two players who came on, Wearing and Akrigg, both played 90 minutes for the reserves on Thursday night so weren't exactly a burst of new energy. Lack of height in central midfield also caused problems as apart from Steel we won very few aerial battles across the pitch.

Farsley were well on top in the last 15 minutes although I'd disagree with them saying it was a deserved win as they created fewer chances than us (we only created about 4 in 90 minutes mind), despite them having more possession.

We played pretty direct which was the right decision in my book given the state of the pitch. It was almost impossible to pass the ball around on the deck at any sort of tempo. Without the penalty I couldn't see them scoring and even after the penalty I couldn't see them scoring either as their scoring chances were no existent. We had a couple of chances to win it in the second half but two great defensive blocks stopped Killer and Winder.

In my own view the squad we have at the minute is going to be just a bit too thin to make the playoffs. Don't see how without a few new recruits we're going to finish ahead of any of Curzon, Warrington, Darlington, Farsley and Ramsbottom.

Looking at the fixtures this could be a long month as well with Winder's suspension. I know non-league squads are hardly the most consistent things, but the turnover this year has been excessive. I can only put that down to conflicting player preference between (ex) coaches?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum