Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Post by egesezen on 22/12/2013, 21:52

Dear forum users,

I am a second year PhD student at Lancaster University. My research is regarding to information visualisation in football match broadcasting. For this, I am investigating issues around my key research questions:

"Does the football match TV viewing experience need enhancing to offer a more personalised and added-value service? Does a personalised and added value service increase understanding of audience towards the game and performance of players & teams? If it does what that is and how can it be realised?"

Mainly, I focus on developing/designing 'second screen' football apps in order to test the ways to enhance fans' watching experience of a football match when they watch it on TV.

At the moment, I am looking for people who use any portable device (laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.) to get match-related information that is not provided by the broadcaster. I want to make interviews and organise a mini workshop (if possible) with them regarding to how they seek match-related information during their act of watching football matches on TV and if they have demands and needs within this respect.

Are there any people who would like to volunteer for interviews?

I should note that the identities of participants will be anonymised and the purpose of this study is to get deeper before designing the user experience and interaction. My PhD is funded through Lancaster University and there is no commercial partner or purpose in this research.

Regards,

Ege Sezen

ps: You can contact me via my email: e.sezen at lancaster.ac.uk

ps2: Dear admin, would you please stick this post on top for a while?

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Post by Mad Cyril on 23/12/2013, 12:18

Nope. I didn't understand any of that, although I did recognise a lot of the words.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Post by egesezen on 23/12/2013, 12:22

Mad Cyril wrote:Nope. I didn't understand any of that, although I did recognise a lot of the words.

Interesting. Would you please which parts specifically you didn't understand?

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 23/12/2013, 14:40

The best way to enhance your enjoyment of a football match is to turn off the tv leave the house & pay to enter a football ground. Tv is killing football
. Only international & FA Cup games should be shown on tv
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egesezen on 23/12/2013, 14:59

alasher wrote:The best way to enhance your enjoyment of a football match is to turn off the tv leave the house & pay to enter a football ground. Tv is killing football
. Only international & FA Cup games should be shown on tv

Fair enough.

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cityuntilidie on 23/12/2013, 15:35

Agree alasher with your comments but I do not mind them having a live game on a Sunday. I think Saturday dinner time Kick offs that finish just after 1430 stop people coming to games. I think when they finish people cannot be bothered to leave the house. I think with match of the day there is too much talking and showing bits again between the games. They would be better showing more of each game. Television is definitely a key factor in low non league attendances because there is football on TV every night of the week if you have sky.

cityuntilidie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ on 23/12/2013, 15:59

That last paragraph is fantastic.

AJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 23/12/2013, 16:22

And the likes of Chelsea charging £55 per ticket for away supporters also should encourage people to watch lower league games.
As for TV have games on barely watch them, there is too much on the box, if you watch on non paying channels you have to put up with second rate commentators and summarisers who are woeful.
But you have to remember that cash is king for the Premier league teams, they would play in half empty grounds if they still got zillions from TV.
Should take a leaf from the Bundesliga, £20 max tickets subsidised travel packed grounds and fantastic atmospheres.
In this country TV and Premier League football is killing the game
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 23/12/2013, 16:53

Football should be as it used to be - Saturday 3.00pm. None of this Friday Night, Saturday Lunchtime and Teatime,Sunday anytime and even Monday Night Football. I agree TV is killing the game for the lower leagues but not if Michael Owen is co-commentating.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakespeares_Theatre on 23/12/2013, 17:23

The Premier league matches should all be played on Sundays and on Monday nights leaving Friday night and Saturday to all other football.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum