Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Post by Brocker on 23/12/2013, 18:51

Agree with all the above. The real sickener is European football televised on week nights which has killed off the gates at lower league games. I suspect, ES, that these weren't the sort of responses you had in mind? But they are heartfelt--no offence intended to you.

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Research Project: Football Match-Related Information Seeking Behaviour

Post by egesezen on 23/12/2013, 22:21

Brocker wrote:Agree with all the above. The real sickener is European football televised on week nights which has killed off the gates at lower league games. I suspect, ES, that these weren't the sort of responses you had in mind? But they are heartfelt--no offence intended to you.

I see all of your points mentioned above, have a great respect towards them and agree with most. I'm a football fan, too.

However, I seriously need to do lots of work around my research and getting insights from football audience regarding to their match-related information seeking habits when they watch matches on TV.

Anyway, it seems I need to try my chance in elsewhere.

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 24/12/2013, 06:04

Sky, BT,Twitter, ESPN website is where I get my match info
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Cyril on 24/12/2013, 12:06

egesezen wrote:Dear forum users,

"Does the football match TV viewing experience need enhancing to offer a more personalised and added-value service? Does a personalised and added value service increase understanding of audience towards the game and performance of players & teams? If it does what that is and how can it be realised?"

Mainly, I focus on developing/designing 'second screen' football apps in order to test the ways to enhance fans' watching experience of a football match when they watch it on TV.

At the moment, I am looking for people who use any portable device (laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.) to get match-related information that is not provided by the broadcaster. I want to make interviews and organise a mini workshop (if possible) with them regarding to how they seek match-related information during their act of watching football matches on TV and if they have demands and needs within this respect.

Are there any people who would like to volunteer for interviews?

I should note that the identities of participants will be anonymised and the purpose of this study is to get deeper before designing the user experience and interaction. My PhD is funded through Lancaster University and there is no commercial partner or purpose in this research.

I've highlighted the bits I wasn't sure about. But I gather you asking people to come up with ways of making watching footy on telly better, but used loads more complicated words.

The answer is yes, turn it off.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egesezen on 24/12/2013, 16:14

themaclad wrote:Sky, BT,Twitter, ESPN website is where I get my match info

Thanks. Do you use these sources when you watch matches on TV?

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 24/12/2013, 23:49

egesezen wrote:

I only ever watch the football telly when bored on a Sunday when there's no F1 or to watch the King Suarez. I use Sky Player myself and if it's not on Sly Sports I'll stream it from wherever does a decent bitrate.

Last but not least, if Sky went into administration tomorrow and all that remained for football on telly was MOTD I'd be a very happy chappy. Support your local team. DPBWA!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egesezen on 25/12/2013, 11:33

LFC-LCFC wrote:
egesezen wrote:

I only ever watch the football telly when bored on a Sunday when there's no F1 or to watch the King Suarez. I use Sky Player myself and if it's not on Sly Sports I'll stream it from wherever does a decent bitrate.

Last but not least, if Sky went into administration tomorrow and all that remained for football on telly was MOTD I'd be a very happy chappy. Support your local team. DPBWA!

Right.

When you watch a football match on TV, do you seek any kind of match-related information from other sources or are you satisfied with the information (e.g. player stats, comments by commentators/pundits etc) provided by the broadcaster?

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 26/12/2013, 07:19

egesezen wrote:

Watch live matches on BT, Sky and ESPN follow scores on various web and social media outlets.
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egesezen on 26/12/2013, 12:10

themaclad wrote:
egesezen wrote:

Watch live matches on BT, Sky and ESPN follow scores on various web and social media outlets.

Thank you. Can I please make an interview with you in an appropriate time? It can be a face-to-face one or an email interview.

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egesezen on 14/1/2014, 16:36

Mad Cyril wrote:
egesezen wrote:Dear forum users,

"Does the football match TV viewing experience need enhancing to offer a more personalised and added-value service? Does a personalised and added value service increase understanding of audience towards the game and performance of players & teams? If it does what that is and how can it be realised?"

Mainly, I focus on developing/designing 'second screen' football apps in order to test the ways to enhance fans' watching experience of a football match when they watch it on TV.

At the moment, I am looking for people who use any portable device (laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.) to get match-related information that is not provided by the broadcaster. I want to make interviews and organise a mini workshop (if possible) with them regarding to how they seek match-related information during their act of watching football matches on TV and if they have demands and needs within this respect.

Are there any people who would like to volunteer for interviews?

I should note that the identities of participants will be anonymised and the purpose of this study is to get deeper before designing the user experience and interaction. My PhD is funded through Lancaster University and there is no commercial partner or purpose in this research.

I've highlighted the bits I wasn't sure about. But I gather you asking people to come up with ways of making watching footy on telly better, but used loads more complicated words.

The answer is yes, turn it off.

Ok. In simple terms what I want to do is the following:

I need volunteers to interview for my PhD study.  Volunteers can be from any age, socio-economic, cultural, national background.  I prefer to do interviews in person but can also make them via email, phone or Skype.

The only criterion that I seek for volunteers is they watch football matches on TV and seek (or have the intention to seek) match-related information that is not provided by the live TV broadcast.

Now, is that clear? Would anyone like to volunteer?

Thanks.

egesezen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum