netbusters.......penalties

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default netbusters.......penalties

Post by alasher on 1/1/2014, 10:57

Did Curzon miss that (dodgy) pen,but score from the rebound?.........it makes £8 difference if this is right........can anyone confirm this?....or tell me that I'm wrong please?
Steve
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: netbusters.......penalties

Post by Brocker on 1/1/2014, 11:48

I wasn't there, but I have been told that Mike Hale pushed the penalty onto the post, but the penalty taker, following up, put the ball in the net. So technically the penalty was saved.

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 1/1/2014, 12:17

Absolutely correct. Saw it with my own eyes but never saw any contact for the penalty and nor did anyone else except the ref and he admitted his mistake after the game.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SC GenSec on 3/1/2014, 22:37

Steve,

I thought I'd wait for one of our most informed colleagues, who understands the Rules of the Game, to comment before I did, and Friend Brocker has obliged. There's a clue in the terminology - penalty kick (singular) -once a second kick, head or any other part of the body intervenes to project the ball over the line, it ceases to be a goal scored from a penalty.

However, that does mean that there is no dubiety about the penalty kick being saved, so my wallet is now £5 lighter, and Netbusters £5 better off. I was beginning to wonder whether what appeared to be extremely rash Netbuster pledges at the start of the season - £5 for every Dolly penalty scored or opposition penalty saved by our 'keeper - would be something of a damp squib. Now we need one of our lads to actually score from the penalty spot to even up the contributions !!

SC GenSec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum