Rammy

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Rammy

Post by Glass Houses on 9/2/2014, 19:24

Now then Commac End let's examine the facts here!
Two Lancaster City fans were filmed attacking a Ramsbottom supporter after the final whistle but, due to lack of stewards. the Ramsbottom players were left with little option but to help the fan who was the subject of a beating. This was the only reason the players came over the boards - simply to assist. I feel that you need to re-examine your comments and apologise on behalf of Lancaster City for the unruly supporters who caused the incident. As for reporting it - "people in Glass Houses"! Maybe its time the unruly supporters from LCFC were brought to task by the club and publicly dealt with.(Remember pictures don't lie)

Glass Houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete75 on 9/2/2014, 19:35

I attended the game yesterday as a ground hopper with my 6 year old grandson and what I witnessed will live long in the memory. At least 4 or 5 Lancaster fans abused Ramsbottoms goalkeeper for the last 15 minutes of the game, some of it was an absolute disgrace. What happened after though was shocking, the same group of thugs then attacked a Ramsbottom supporter who I'd say was in his 50s, he was left with a bloodied face. Three Lancaster City players INCLUDING the captain luckily jumped in to stop what was going on, I fear that if it wasn't for them then all hell would have broken loose. I saw a woman crying who seemed to get caught up in it and also a Lancaster fan abusing another Lancaster fan for filming it all on his phone. What was there no stewards present? The woman mentioned above and also my grandson were left in tears all because of a group of neanderthals wanted to fight! They were a disgrace to there club but both sets of players who stepped in at the end should be commended for what they did to help stop the fighting.

Pete75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollyblue86 on 9/2/2014, 20:18

I was standing to the right of the goal behind where Lancaster were attacking the 2nd half. Unfortunately a Ramsbottom fan (the guy in his fifties discussed above) started goading the Lancaster support at the final whistle.
A few Lancaster fans seemed to take exception to this and began verbally abusing him, at this point one Lancaster fan ran from behind the goal to confront the Ramsbottom fan in question. As the lancs fan tripped him up, the Ramsbottom fan (still overtly goading Lancaster fans) pushed him and this is when a fist fight ensued. At this point so many people were surrounding the incident that it was impossible to see what happened although a violent altercation was clearly taking place. Fair play to the players of both teams who rushed in to break up the fight as soon as possible.
Nobody in their right mind would ever, under any circumstances, advocate the use of violence although we can surely agree that the Ramsbottom fan was perhaps unwise and misguided in goading an entire stand of supporters who’d just suffered defeat. On the whole, the Ramsbottom fans and players were a credit to their team and it is a shame that a such a hard fought match was allowed to be marred by two individuals (one supporter from each team) who are clearly old enough to know better.

Dollyblue86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 9/2/2014, 20:45

I can't comment on the after-match contretemps as I was by that time right on the other side of the ground, but of course any fighting is completely unacceptable and the instigators should be banned.  However, I too was behind the goal but there was no problem at all with the conversations going on with the Rammy keeper.  In fact he was clearly enjoying the banter and had to be reminded by his own players to concentrate on the game!  It's true that one of our fans got very heated, though I couldn't see why, but it was all harmless.  The keeper got shouted at for being useless (which he was when gifting us our goal, but not otherwise) and for wasting time (which he wasn't, at least not any more than any keeper whose team is winning near the end of a match).  Maybe one or two choice words were used which shouldn't have been, which obviously is not a good thing, but it happens at all grounds all of the time.  The keeper was taking it all with a huge grin on his face and was giving as good as he got in terms of banter.  And it didn't put him off his game - he made a brilliant save from his own team mate very near the end.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 9/2/2014, 21:40

I too was stood behind the goal City were attacking in the second half, but I was way over towards one side and couldn't hear any of the exchanges with the Ramsbottom goalkeeper, suffice to say that obviously neither party was arranging to send each other Christmas cards later this year. At the end of the match I noticed a bloke with grey hair, probably in his fifties and presumably the Ramsbottom fan previously mentioned, trading insults with several City fans. The next thing I saw - difficult as has been said with many obstructing the view - was a guy on the floor; this was I imagine the Ramsbottom fan mentioned. Players of both sides then came dashing towards the corner and, in some cases, jumped over the boards but my view was that this was in an attempt to split things up.

Suffice to say that the reputation of our club has been sullied again (remember the abusing of Gary Hunter at Harrogate or the Halifax FA cup tie two or three years ago?) and that an absolute minimum of three people, (the woman mentioned, Pete and his grandson) will never visit the Giant Axe again.  As if it's not difficult enough trying to get people to come down.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 9/2/2014, 23:30

I remember last season when the Rammy manager was offering our fans fights in the car park. Seems he hasn't calmed down much after he was swearing at everyone in sight in the vicinity of the altercation including our players and staff who were trying to break it up. That by itself is disgraceful and worthy of reporting to the league.

How strange we don't employ an army of stewards for a crowd of 200 in a ground that holds 3,500.  Rolling Eyes We had stewards for when we played Darlington. Shouldn't need them for any other game.

For all the people saying there were no stewards, the fight was broken up by our vice chairman and other volunteers. Six of one, half a dozen of the other in terms of blame. What the guy was thinking trying to verbally abuse anyone in the home end of any home ground is ridiculous but common sense was lacking on both sides.

Seen worse in town on a quiet Monday night.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 10/2/2014, 10:59

Only the people who like to fight go out on a Monday !

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Houses on 10/2/2014, 12:06

Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:At the end of the match I noticed a bloke with grey hair, probably in his fifties and presumably the Ramsbottom fan previously mentioned, trading insults with several City fans. The next thing I saw - difficult as has been said with many obstructing the view - was a guy on the floor; this was I imagine the Ramsbottom fan mentioned. Players of both sides then came dashing towards the corner and, in some cases, jumped over the boards but my view was that this was in an attempt to split things up.

Suffice to say that the reputation of our club has been sullied again (remember the abusing of Gary Hunter at Harrogate or the Halifax FA cup tie two or three years ago?) and that an absolute minimum of three people, (the woman mentioned, Pete and his grandson) will never visit the Giant Axe again.  As if it's not difficult enough trying to get people to come down.

So It is clear from the LCFC witnesses on this forum that it was the LCFC supporters who started the Violence(fighting).I am sure the Chairman of the club will be shocked to hear that after a verbal exchange of views from opposing supporters that it was his supporters who assaulted a Ramsbottom fan and in the process damaging the image of the club.

I am shocked and saddened by the comments from LFC and hope his view does not reflect the view of the club?

Perhaps the club will make its position clear on this forum in order to put this to rest

Glass Houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by West Road End on 10/2/2014, 12:31

Only saw aftermath to incident, we left to car park after reminding Rammy defenders we'd see them next year!
For what its worth -
Re keeper & city fans both were winding each other up and egging each other one through out last 15 mins. Foul language from both parties was clearly audible, plus a bring it on jesture from the keeper. Both parties were clearly wound up which no doubt contributed to the incident with the Rammy fan, who may not have been party to the exchanges. No excuse but their keeper clearly bit the supporters bait and enflammed the situation.
Also the Rammy No 6 was clearly heard to abuse an older city fan with foul language close to the end, no foul language was used from the City fan in question.
A comment heard about the vebally heated exchanges was it was like testosterone fuelled teenage boys having a go at each other, and perhaps they should know when to grow up.

West Road End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Houses on 10/2/2014, 13:46

There is no excuse for attacking someone with fists no matter what was said!!! And that should be the focus of this unsavoury situation not trying to excuse the issue by saying who said what!

Glass Houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum