Rammy

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Rammy

Post by Tobycarvery on 10/2/2014, 14:29

I also saw only the aftermath of the incident, but in my experience if you dish out abuse to the opposition you need to be able to receive it in return. There seems to me little point in winding up opposing teams as it usually makes them stronger. I have been watching City for over 50 years now and it's only recently we have had supporters winding up the opposition. I prefer to watch the  game and assess what I see on the field rather than play childish games with opposing fans. I'm not apportioning blame about Saturday, but if City have a group of fans who like to get in the opposition's faces, it will inevitably lead to trouble at some point. Are we entirely blameless for the trouble in games v Halifax, Salford and now Rammy?

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 10/2/2014, 14:35

CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:I can't comment on the after-match contretemps as I was by that time right on the other side of the ground, but of course any fighting is completely unacceptable and the instigators should be banned.  However, I too was behind the goal but there was no problem at all with the conversations going on with the Rammy keeper.  In fact he was clearly enjoying the banter and had to be reminded by his own players to concentrate on the game!  It's true that one of our fans got very heated, though I couldn't see why, but it was all harmless.  The keeper got shouted at for being useless (which he was when gifting us our goal, but not otherwise) and for wasting time (which he wasn't, at least not any more than any keeper whose team is winning near the end of a match).  Maybe one or two choice words were used which shouldn't have been, which obviously is not a good thing, but it happens at all grounds all of the time.  The keeper was taking it all with a huge grin on his face and was giving as good as he got in terms of banter.  And it didn't put him off his game - he made a brilliant save from his own team mate very near the end.

Now you once told me, when I mentioned an incident, that LCFC was a friendly club.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 10/2/2014, 15:46

South of the river wrote:Only the people who like to fight go out on a Monday !

I hope your not posting in school time!!! lol

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 10/2/2014, 16:18

Oh no I thought that it was half-term this week !

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adamw85 on 10/2/2014, 17:46

Glass Houses please get off your high horse, "I am shocked and saddened by the comments from LFC"? No-one is trying to excuse the situation, there's never any excuse for violence; but from what I saw plenty of LCFC staff, players and supporters waded in to break the fight up. It might be worth bearing that in mind before tarring us all with the same brush.

adamw85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 10/2/2014, 18:04

South of the river wrote:Oh no I thought that it was half-term this week !

There you go it might be! lol

Not noticed any difference in south ribble.

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 11/2/2014, 16:20

Glass Houses wrote:Now then Commac End let's examine the facts here!
Two Lancaster City fans were filmed attacking a Ramsbottom supporter after the final whistle but, due to lack of stewards. the Ramsbottom players were left with little option but to help the fan who was the subject of a beating. This was the only reason the players came over the boards - simply to assist. I feel that you need to re-examine your comments and apologise on behalf of Lancaster City for the unruly supporters who caused the incident. As for reporting it - "people in Glass Houses"! Maybe its time the unruly supporters from LCFC were brought to task by the club and publicly dealt with.(Remember pictures don't lie)

Why did all those Rammy fans move round to our lot behind the goal at the end of the game? For a quick exit away from the coaches and train station? Aah, that makes sense  Laughing 

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 11/2/2014, 16:23

Let's just hope those involved on both sides are a bit wiser from the incident and we can all move on and enjoy the football.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum