Best keeper in the world

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Best keeper in the world

Post by themaclad on 22/3/2014, 06:49

South of the river wrote:
alasher wrote:John Beck signed Glen at Deepdale where the LEP awarded him several MOTM accolades during his brief career. He suffered the injury that ended his professional career on a preseason visit to sn srmy sssault course

I have heard that health and safety is an issue when you visit sn srmy sssault course.  

Having Beck as a manager was a Health and Safety issue.
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SC GenSec on 22/3/2014, 07:29

In the sub-category of "Most Entertaining Keeper in the World", I nominate Tony Sullivan.

SC GenSec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 22/3/2014, 08:54

So does Kevin Welsby rank as the worst goalkeeper in the world? I still have nightmares about the Cambridge game when we should have got a replay and he fumbled a header that my mum would have caught.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 22/3/2014, 10:47

Tobycarvery wrote:So does Kevin Welsby rank as the worst goalkeeper in the world? I still have nightmares about the Cambridge game when we should have got a replay and he fumbled a header that my mum would have caught.
Probably not the worst in the world, but City have had some poor ones. When Alan Tinsley first became manager he signed a keeper caller Roger ("Stan") Atkinson, who was about six foot eight and appeared in a pair of shorts about ten sizes too small for him. More recently Danny McDonald tended to operate on a "good game/indifferent game" sequence. And whilst Keith Brindle will always be a City legend, son James?? Sad

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 22/3/2014, 12:13

themaclad wrote:
South of the river wrote:
alasher wrote:John Beck signed Glen at Deepdale where the LEP awarded him several MOTM accolades during his brief career. He suffered the injury that ended his professional career on a preseason visit to sn srmy sssault course

I have heard that health and safety is an issue when you visit sn srmy sssault course.  

Having Beck as a manager was a Health and Safety issue.

Are you saying Mac that you didn't enjoy the football under Beck on the plastic ?

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 22/3/2014, 17:00

The football was dire but to give the man credit, in a way he turned them around and laid the foundations for Peters then Moyes.
The plastic football was awful
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Jimmy on 23/3/2014, 17:54

[quote="themaclad"]The football was dire but to give the man credit, in a way he turned them around and laid the foundations for Peters then Moyes.
The plastic football was awful[/quote

Firstly as regards keepers Wolfie, Glen and Gary Hudson stand out for me. Secondly regarding John Beck, he was nothing short of a disaster at PNE. Took PNE down in his first season, cost us the play off final in his second season with his team selection, forced out Tony Ellis because he was more popular than him, played God awful football on the plastic pitch, signed truly terrible players (Sale, Trebble etc). He did make two good decisions however. 1. Moving the home end into the Town End and bringing in Gary Peters. One day people will realise that John McGrath and then Brian Gray and BAXI turned PNE around and not John Beck. Beck was just the crappy bit in the middle.

Doctor Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 23/3/2014, 18:22

Doctor Jimmy wrote:
themaclad wrote:The football was dire but to give the man credit, in a way he turned them around and laid the foundations for Peters then Moyes.
The plastic football was awful[/quote

Firstly as regards keepers Wolfie, Glen and Gary Hudson stand out for me. Secondly regarding John Beck, he was nothing short of a disaster at PNE. Took PNE down in his first season, cost us the play off final in his second season with his team selection, forced out Tony Ellis because he was more popular than him, played God awful football on the plastic pitch, signed truly terrible players (Sale, Trebble etc). He did make two good decisions however. 1. Moving the home end into the Town End and bringing in Gary Peters. One day people will realise that John McGrath and then Brian Gray and BAXI turned PNE around and not John Beck. Beck was just the crappy bit in the middle.

Relax shun !

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 24/3/2014, 15:44

McGrath was 8 years before Beck can't see he can be attributed with turning the club around, went further down hill after he left, the Chapman years Sad Sad 
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 24/3/2014, 16:46

Thought this was a Dolly Blue forum.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content