Raddy

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by TheRealDelly on 27/3/2014, 09:41

'Most will tell you that we are one of the friendliest grounds you are likely to visit.'

Is there a few that don't?

_________________
"Everybody dies" - Tim Fleck
avatar
TheRealDelly

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Location Location

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by Brocker on 27/3/2014, 18:10

Maybe I am a sucker for punishment, but having stuck my neck out once, I am sticking it out again. As I wasn't at the game, maybe I am not in a position to comment--or maybe I am in a good position as I can be more objective. As Chairman of our Supporters' Club, I have gone on the Raddy forum suggesting that the blame game can go on for ever, but that both clubs have had our reputation tarnished. The authorities will presumably deal with what has happened: I am more concerned about the future. We are two groups of people who care about football, particularly non-League football, and specifically about two clubs from the same county. The bitterness that has sprung up over the last six weeks or so is damaging all of us--to say nothing of Radcliffe Boro, who were certainly innocent bystanders (and what must they feel about both Lancaster City and Ramsbottom United, two names which are now mud?).
Apart from seeing us outclassed, I enjoyed my visit to Rammy this season, and I want to be able to repeat the experience, and I want Ramsbottom people to feel that they can come to the Axe and feel welcome. Let's face it: we could be playing each other in a few weeks' time in the playoffs. That should be a great footballing occasion, not a time for people to be looking over their shoulders for fear of being attacked.
I know people feel hurt and angry, but we have to move forward and welcome Ramsbottom United and its fans as FRIENDLY rivals. If we can't do that, then personally I can't see any point in continuing to follow football. Lancaster City is the only club I have ever supported or ever could support. I am sure most people are like me in wanting our club and its fans to have a good name as the best there can be. 'Nuff said, or too much, as the case may be.

Brocker

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by Little Katie on 27/3/2014, 19:10

As a Rammy fan I am in total agreement with you.

I am certainly not going to point any fingers cos I wasn't there, but I do know that I felt sick for probably 48 hours after reading different accounts of what had (or hadn't!) gone on.  I love my club, and I was distraught to be seeing our name dragged through the mud.  And I'm sure most of you were feeling the same.  

One of the things I love about non-league football is that supporters of different teams don't need to be segregated.  We stand amongst each other, throw out some gentle banter perhaps, but more often than not just have a good chat and slag off the ref a bit!

If anyone wants to tell me I'm not passionate about my team because I don't want conflict with opposing fans, well, then I will be up for a fight!  Wink 

Little Katie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by Timduc67 on 27/3/2014, 20:08

I now detect ( and quite rightly so) a calming of tensions between both parties. But it would be interesting to know 2 things. Are any of these posts from any of the Lancaster fans who were hellbent on trouble on Saturday, ( and have been and done at various grounds over the last couple of seasons). Also it would be nice to know what the thoughts are of Lancasters chairman, who on Saturday( as he was 6/7 weeks ago) put the blame squarely on Ramsbottom United, when he has been present(presumably) when his "fans" have been causing trouble at various grounds, and what he proposes to do about it with regards permanently excluding these fans, or will he continue to bury his rad in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that his club has a problem.

Timduc67

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by gaz1889 on 27/3/2014, 20:37

Timduc67 wrote:I now detect ( and quite rightly so) a calming of tensions between both parties. But it would be interesting to know 2 things. Are any of these posts from any of the Lancaster fans who were hellbent on trouble on Saturday, ( and have been and done at various grounds over the last couple of seasons). Also it would be nice to know what the thoughts are of Lancasters chairman, who on Saturday( as he was 6/7 weeks ago) put the blame squarely on Ramsbottom United, when he has been present(presumably) when his "fans" have been causing trouble at various grounds, and what he proposes to do about it with regards permanently excluding these fans, or will he continue to bury his rad in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that his club has a problem.
This is hilarious Tim.
What drugs are you taking.

_________________
This new forum's brilliant!

gaz1889

Posts : 264
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by DollyTillIDie on 27/3/2014, 22:34

Timduc67 wrote:I now detect ( and quite rightly so) a calming of tensions between both parties. But it would be interesting to know 2 things. Are any of these posts from any of the Lancaster fans who were hellbent on trouble on Saturday, ( and have been and done at various grounds over the last couple of seasons). Also it would be nice to know what the thoughts are of Lancasters chairman, who on Saturday( as he was 6/7 weeks ago) put the blame squarely on Ramsbottom United, when he has been present(presumably) when his "fans" have been causing trouble at various grounds, and what he proposes to do about it with regards permanently excluding these fans, or will he continue to bury his rad in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that his club has a problem.

Please, elaborate!

DollyTillIDie

Posts : 365
Join date : 2012-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by Admin on 27/3/2014, 23:22

Brocker wrote:Maybe I am a sucker for punishment, but having stuck my neck out once, I am sticking it out again. As I wasn't at the game, maybe I am not in a position  to comment--or maybe I am in a good position as I can be more objective. As Chairman of our Supporters' Club, I have gone on the Raddy forum suggesting that the blame game can go on for ever, but that both clubs have had our reputation tarnished. The authorities will presumably deal with what has happened: I am more concerned about the future. We are two groups of people who care about football, particularly non-League football, and specifically about two clubs from the same county. The bitterness that has sprung up over the last six weeks or so is damaging all of us--to say nothing of Radcliffe Boro, who were certainly innocent bystanders (and what must they feel about both Lancaster City and Ramsbottom United, two names which are now mud?).
Apart from seeing us outclassed, I enjoyed my visit to Rammy this season, and I want to be able to repeat the experience, and I want Ramsbottom people to feel that they can come to the Axe and feel welcome. Let's face it: we could be playing each other in a few weeks' time in the playoffs. That should be a great footballing occasion, not a time for people to be looking over their shoulders for fear of being attacked.
I know people feel hurt and angry, but we have to move forward and welcome Ramsbottom United and its fans as FRIENDLY rivals. If we can't do that, then personally I can't see any point in continuing to follow football. Lancaster City is the only club I have ever supported or ever could support. I am sure most people are like me in wanting our club and its fans to have a good name as the best there can be. 'Nuff said, or too much, as the case may be.

Little Katie wrote:As a Rammy fan I am in total agreement with you.

I am certainly not going to point any fingers cos I wasn't there, but I do know that I felt sick for probably 48 hours after reading different accounts of what had (or hadn't!) gone on.  I love my club, and I was distraught to be seeing our name dragged through the mud.  And I'm sure most of you were feeling the same.  

One of the things I love about non-league football is that supporters of different teams don't need to be segregated.  We stand amongst each other, throw out some gentle banter perhaps, but more often than not just have a good chat and slag off the ref a bit!

If anyone wants to tell me I'm not passionate about my team because I don't want conflict with opposing fans, well, then I will be up for a fight!  Wink 

Two world class posts to end this thread, and this subject, on for what will hopefully be for good.

Football is a passionate game, but still a game none the less, and a game that each club can just about get by in and without their fans this wouldn't be possible.

We are all as vital to our sport, our leagues, our clubs and our communities as each other, and we should respect supporters of all clubs for the role they play in making non-league football what it is, and giving us something to do on a Saturday that doesn't involve Sky Sports.

Above all, when the passion and "banter" gets a bit much, remember whether in a kit, tracksuit, shirt and tie or an everyday fan in a jumper, we ALL represent our clubs in equal measure. It wasn't individuals involved in a disturbance, it was RUFC and LCFC, and everyone who is a part of either club despite whether they were even there or not felt sadness and shame for what happened TO OUR CLUBS.

Hopefully these three posts will allow people to think, learn and move on. If we meet Ramsbottom United in the playoffs then all the better to make amends and show the real spirit of non-league with one fantastic game of football on and off the pitch.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-11-09

View user profile http://www.cityroads.net

Back to top Go down

default Re: Raddy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum