BARROW

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default BARROW

Post by sparrows left peg on 30/7/2014, 07:53

OK that was the Youth team, where's the first team ?

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: BARROW

Post by South of the river on 30/7/2014, 09:12

Obviously being saved for the difficult Carnforth fixture.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 30/7/2014, 19:44

Having heard what Barrow's wage bill now is I'm not surprised the scoreline was what it was. They have one player who's weeks wages nearly covers our entire squads'.

Our squad is worryingly light though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 31/7/2014, 13:58

Men against boys, especially in the second half after Garry and Killer went off (it looked as though this was just precautionary rather than serious injuries - does anyone have any further info?). Barrow had close to their first team, so the mismatch wasn't surprising. I don't suppose the game will have been at all helpful to either side. It wasn't great for the spectators either.

On the plus side, Ryan Winder looked good in the first half, but then there was Aaron Taylor - I feel really sorry for him but he's nowhere near good enough. After the by now traditional penalty miss he looked terrified when through one on one with the keeper and decided to pass sideways to a team mate in a far worse position. A little later he found himself in a good shooting position before retreating a few yards and then ballooning the ball a mile high and wide. After that he was barely involved at all. He needs to go down a couple of divisions - he's not good enough for us.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 31/7/2014, 17:58

CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:Men against boys, especially in the second half after Garry and Killer went off (it looked as though this was just precautionary rather than serious injuries - does anyone have any further info?). Barrow had close to their first team, so the mismatch wasn't surprising.  I don't suppose the game will have been at all helpful to either side.  It wasn't great for the spectators either.

On the plus side, Ryan Winder looked good in the first half, but then there was Aaron Taylor - I feel really sorry for him but he's nowhere near good enough.  After the by now traditional penalty miss he looked terrified when through one on one with the keeper and decided to pass sideways to a team mate in a far worse position.  A little later he found himself in a good shooting position before retreating a few yards and then ballooning the ball a mile high and wide.  After that he was barely involved at all.  He needs to go down a couple of divisions - he's not good enough for us.

I totally agree!

We need some experience up front.

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 7/11/2014, 18:39

CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:Men against boys, especially in the second half after Garry and Killer went off (it looked as though this was just precautionary rather than serious injuries - does anyone have any further info?). Barrow had close to their first team, so the mismatch wasn't surprising.  I don't suppose the game will have been at all helpful to either side.  It wasn't great for the spectators either.

On the plus side, Ryan Winder looked good in the first half, [b[b]]but then there was Aaron Taylor - I feel really sorry for him but he's nowhere near good enough.  After the by now traditional penalty miss he looked terrified when through one on one with the keeper and decided to pass sideways to a team mate in a far worse position.  A little later he found himself in a good shooting position before retreating a few yards and then ballooning the ball a mile high and wide.  After that he was barely involved at all.  He needs to go down a couple of divisions - he's not good enough for us[/b][/b].

Think it's safe to say that he's proved his doubters wrong.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ex pro on 7/11/2014, 23:03

couple of ok games does not make a good player DP has played him in every game and as hardly taken him off Simon has scored a few goals so has young Tom Woods and has even put killer the top scorer for the last two seasons the left wing so to me it is only a matter of time he is going to have a good game or two as soon as any other striker shows a bit of form DP either leaves them out or puts them out of position

ex pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cityuntilidie on 8/11/2014, 08:07

I think Aaron has a lot more than a couple of OK games. He may not be the best goal scorer per chances taken but his all round game has greatly improved this season and he is picked every week because of that. It does not matter if you do not score if you are creating chances for others. Hopefully Simon and Tom will improve as much as Aaron has as they are both still young.

cityuntilidie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 8/11/2014, 09:10

I'm very happy to admit I was wrong about Aaron. He now looks one of our best players. The way he co-ordinated with his team-mates, especially Winder and Bailey, on Tuesday was a delight to watch.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janb on 8/11/2014, 11:53

Aaron is a big lad, and can work as a target that the others play off. Simon and Tom W can't offer that. I do sometimes feel sorry for Tom K when he is stuck out on the wing, he pays the price for being a good footballer with a good left foot in a small squad. However if the side is winning like the 4-1 on Tuesday then thats what matters.

Last edited by janb on 8/11/2014, 22:32; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum