Clitheroe defeat

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by South of the river on 26/8/2014, 11:43

The doom and gloom crew are really out in force after yesterday's setback.  It is not as though there was a lack of effort, commitment and desire from the players. You only had to see the disappointment on Kilifin's face as he trooped off the pitch at full-time. DP knows that this season will not be easy and what the club does not need is negative comments from "supporters."
Yes you are entitled to your opinion but have a consideration for the players' feelings should they happen to read some of these comments. I would to thank you for reading my post.

South of the river

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : LA1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Tobycarvery on 26/8/2014, 17:20

South of the river wrote:
Tobycarvery wrote:Very disappointing result after a decent first half hour. Thought we would stroll it after the opening goal but have to agree that losing Bailey to injury turned the game in their favour. Once they got their first penalty they grew visibly in confidence after a shaky start and frankly we fell apart at the back. Can't really agree about left back as all their goals came from attacks on the left flank, reinforcing the loss of Bailey. Conceding eight goals in the last three games is worrying. We definitely need reinforcements in defence. When will Hardiker be available to play?

If you had bothered to come to the Q & A session with DP on Friday, you would have heard him say that Hardiker is presently living in Scotland.

As a lifelong City supporter, I resent the implication that I don't care enough to attend a Q and A session on a Friday night 120 miles from where I live. I assume that you live near enough to attend. I have been to both our home games this season, involving a good deal of time and expense. I asked the question simply because I wasn't able to attend. I didn't expect the tone of that reply, but given that it's you, perhaps I should have. Are we not on the same side as far as support is concerned?

Tobycarvery

Posts : 284
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 26/8/2014, 18:28

South of the river wrote:The doom and gloom crew are really out in force after yesterday's setback.  It is not as though there was a lack of effort, commitment and desire from the players.  You only had to see the disappointment on Kilifin's face as he trooped off the pitch at full-time. DP knows that this season will not be easy and what the club does not need is negative comments from "supporters."
Yes you are entitled to your opinion but have a consideration for the players' feelings should they happen to read some of these comments.  I would to thank you for reading my post.  

I agree that we can have no complaints at all about the effort, commitment and desire of the players. And I also agree with you that this does need saying - so many thanks for saying it. And I imagine that all supporters (whether or not inside inverted commas) also agree and are also very grateful to the players. But we are also entitled to point out that the said E, C and D are not always enough.

CarefulWithThatAxe

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by SC GenSec on 26/8/2014, 18:40

I'm not sure the tone of this thread is what any of us want to see. DP gave a very honest, frank appraisal of where the first team is currently at Friday's meeting, and he more than anybody acknowledges that the squad is thin, and will not easily withstand injuries and suspensions. On top of which, Ryan Winder and Aaron Taylor are not playing as well as we know they can (albeit that AT has only shown it once, in the Farsley game).
DP talked at length about "football brains" on Friday, and how some of the younger players have not yet got the "footballing brain" to make the right decision when it matters. I thought that showed up over and over against Clitheroe both in defence (apart from anything else, for two needless penalties) and in attack where all the forward players were guilty of doing the wrong thing with the final ball. The frustrating thing was that that if it hadn't have been for the two (needless) penalties and the tap in from a defensive mix up, Clitheroe wouldn't have scored if they'd still been playing today. As with Farsley, they had a centre forward who couldn't hit a barn door at 3 paces.
Hopefully, on Saturday, we'll have Gary back in the midfield, and that can't come soon enough. He was confident he'd be ready. Unfortunately Rob Henry may still be a couple of weeks, and so will Jacob Davis, none of which augurs well for defensive security. But we haven't turned into a poor side over the weekend - confidence may have taken a knock, but DP and TS will earn their keep if they gee the lads up for a convincing win on Wearside on Saturday.

Keep believing !!!!

SC GenSec

Posts : 51
Join date : 2013-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by South of the river on 27/8/2014, 10:19

Tobycarvery wrote:
South of the river wrote:
Tobycarvery wrote:Very disappointing result after a decent first half hour. Thought we would stroll it after the opening goal but have to agree that losing Bailey to injury turned the game in their favour. Once they got their first penalty they grew visibly in confidence after a shaky start and frankly we fell apart at the back. Can't really agree about left back as all their goals came from attacks on the left flank, reinforcing the loss of Bailey. Conceding eight goals in the last three games is worrying. We definitely need reinforcements in defence. When will Hardiker be available to play?

If you had bothered to come to the Q & A session with DP on Friday, you would have heard him say that Hardiker is presently living in Scotland.

As a lifelong City supporter, I resent the implication that I don't care enough to attend a Q and A session on a Friday night 120 miles from where I live. I assume that you live near enough to attend. I have been to both our home games this season, involving a good deal of time and expense. I asked the question simply because I wasn't able to attend. I didn't expect the tone of that reply, but given that it's you, perhaps I should have. Are we not on the same side as far as support is concerned?

Firstly your forum name is a pub in Morecambe and secondly you're generally quick enough to respond to my sarcasm.  You previously have been happy enough to suggest that you've touched a nerve.  It's refreshing that you have now effectively suggested a truce:).

South of the river

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : LA1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Tobycarvery on 27/8/2014, 11:34

South of the river wrote:
Tobycarvery wrote:
South of the river wrote:
Tobycarvery wrote:Very disappointing result after a decent first half hour. Thought we would stroll it after the opening goal but have to agree that losing Bailey to injury turned the game in their favour. Once they got their first penalty they grew visibly in confidence after a shaky start and frankly we fell apart at the back. Can't really agree about left back as all their goals came from attacks on the left flank, reinforcing the loss of Bailey. Conceding eight goals in the last three games is worrying. We definitely need reinforcements in defence. When will Hardiker be available to play?

If you had bothered to come to the Q & A session with DP on Friday, you would have heard him say that Hardiker is presently living in Scotland.

As a lifelong City supporter, I resent the implication that I don't care enough to attend a Q and A session on a Friday night 120 miles from where I live. I assume that you live near enough to attend. I have been to both our home games this season, involving a good deal of time and expense. I asked the question simply because I wasn't able to attend. I didn't expect the tone of that reply, but given that it's you, perhaps I should have. Are we not on the same side as far as support is concerned?

Firstly your forum name is a pub in Morecambe and secondly you're generally quick enough to respond to my sarcasm.  You previously have been happy enough to suggest that you've touched a nerve.  It's refreshing that you have now effectively suggested a truce:).

You really need to get out more, as Tobycarvery is a national chain of pubs. If you had known this, you wouldn't have made the rash assumption that I live locally and consequently could have avoided the implication I referred to. I suggest we draw this to a close and in future you refrain from making statements on a public forum without knowing the facts. This is a discussion forum and not one for slagging people off.

Tobycarvery

Posts : 284
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by South of the river on 27/8/2014, 11:48

Well that's me told. How can I possibly post on here again after such a dressing-down? I've made such a fool of myself on a public and nationally-known forum.

South of the river

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : LA1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Brocker on 27/8/2014, 12:08

Somebody raised the question about Ryan Elderton. According to his aunt, he has set up his own business (advertised in front of the stand) and can no longer commit to the training and travel involved in playing at this level.
The Clitheroe game really exposed how desperately thin our squad is, with Bailey, presumably a midfielder, having to start at right back while carrying an injury, and Hudson having to play at centre back. Darren made the point at the Forum that we don't currently have the resources to cope with injuries or suspensions, nor do we have the money to sign players who would need considerable travelling expenses. I don't think it is disrespectful to Ben, Gav, or Jacob, who clearly give of their best, to suggest that losing Rob, Steel, and Ryan has caused problems. I don't know Gav's own view, but he strikes me as a midfielder rather than a full back, and it is the experience of the missing trio which we lack. The lads showed what they are capable of v Farsley and Burscough when we have almost a full squad, and Garry H's return will give them a boost. Provided they don't become disheartened, setbacks will make the young lads better players, but a strengthening of the squad would help.

Brocker

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Conmac End on 27/8/2014, 13:56

[quote="South of the river"]Well that's me told.  How can I possibly post on here again after such a dressing-down?  I've made such a fool of myself on a public and nationally-known forum.[/quote

Roll on term time. LOL

_________________
Skerton Uni OB

Conmac End

Posts : 650
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : On Loan at Walton-le-Dale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Tobycarvery on 27/8/2014, 18:00

Conmac End wrote:
South of the river wrote:Well that's me told.  How can I possibly post on here again after such a dressing-down?  I've made such a fool of myself on a public and nationally-known forum.[/quote

Roll on term time. LOL

Yes indeed. Kids all back at school and I can go on holiday much more cheaply.
P.S. Thank you Brocker for an informative and sarcasm-free contribution.

Tobycarvery

Posts : 284
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Clitheroe defeat

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum