View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Boxing Day Derby v Kendal

Post by alasher on 27/12/2014, 16:34

What did we learn yesterday?
1/We cant defend
2/ We dont have much in midfield
3/We cant score
4/We only play for 40 minutes per game
5/Kendal are about as good as you would expect a side managed by the tactical/coaching genius that is MS to be
6/Our supporters are superb

......oh,but we already knew all that..........so........well........we learnt nothing

See you all at the Vics game!

#KillerIsADolly
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 27/12/2014, 18:03

Anyone who saw the performance in the cup v FCUM will know we can defend when put under real pressure but we don't seem to do it against the poorer teams. We certainly seem to put ourselves under pressure in apparently innocuous situations.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 27/12/2014, 18:50

Tobycarvery wrote:Anyone who saw the performance in the cup v FCUM will know we can defend when put under real pressure but we don't seem to do it against the poorer teams. We certainly seem to put ourselves under pressure in apparently innocuous situations.

Back line that day was Bailey, Davis, Marshall, Elderton. Elderton is obviously a huge miss at the moment. Still no idea why Rob Henry isn't playing as he puts in MOTM performances for the ressies every week!

I couldn't work out whether we had a back four or back five on Friday. That's how good we were Laughing First half especially, it looked like a 5-1-2-2 (if that's ever been used before) and was the narrowest and most boring half of football I've seen in a long time.The 4-4-2 worked much better second half.

I think we would have had a great chance of winning had Taylor and Kilifin both played the full 90 minutes.

Hale
Henry, Davis, Marshall, Clark
Bailey, Akrigg, Hunter, Kilifin
Wearing, Taylor

That would be my team for tomorrow given who's available.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 27/12/2014, 21:07

When the season began in August, reaching 2015 with 6 home defeats and 15th place in the league wasn't really in the script.

No doubt we'll be told that we'll soon be turning the corner..... Evil or Very Mad

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 27/12/2014, 23:37

When we play well we look really good. The trouble is we can only maintain that level for about fifteen minutes at a time, and the rest of the time we can't seem to make anything happen. We need to find a way of playing reasonably well for 90 minutes - including concentrating properly in defence - rather than the inconsistent mix we currently see every match.

I'm not convinced that DP and TS have yet worked out how to be effective at this level.

However, I agree that the second half was a thrilling experience - the best this season so far.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollyfan on 28/12/2014, 15:36

Where is Tony Hesketh ????

Dollyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 28/12/2014, 15:45

Fulwood Amatuers but sat by his phone !

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 28/12/2014, 20:04

He should be recruited on board in at least some kind of consultancy role. Its clear some kind of expertise is required in acquiring the necessary playing personnel to make us competitive again. It may be feasible in some kind of part time role.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseabilly on 28/12/2014, 22:00

Tony was watching the Kendal game,he must have wondered how we have fallen this far of the pace,we all know that tony as worked at clubs with less budget than we have,not sure how we could make it work with input from 3people but tony in my opinion is a great idea,that's if we could persuade him to come and help,but knowing the man I think a challenge like this is just what tony would like.

chelseabilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 28/12/2014, 22:21

gaz1889 wrote:Its clear some kind of expertise is required in acquiring the necessary playing personnel to make us competitive again
My own feeling is that we already have the necessary personnel. Or at least with the players we have we shouldn't be 15th in the league. I wonder if Darren and Trevor are getting the best out of them?

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum