Ossett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Ossett

Post by alasher on 15/3/2015, 09:29

I guess that if we adhere to the saying "if you havent got anything good to say,dont say anything", then this would be a pretty brief thread, so its a good job that I'm a bit of a rebel!

Same old problem,not creating enough chances,not taking the ones that we do create. Bobbly pitch,defensive mistakes. Beaten by a poor side
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Ossett

Post by sparrows left peg on 15/3/2015, 11:42

Said it before - our proper No.9's at Kendal - seemples !!

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 15/3/2015, 13:12

Very frustrating. Was this a reaction to a long tiring trip in midweek? Our thinking seemed a bit tired as much as anything else. Being honest, we deserved to lose.

After a poor first half by both sides, Ossett showed us up in the second half, running at us and using the wings while we relied far too much on the long central ball over the top. We had one or two decent chances, but not nearly enough, and we tend to get too elaborate when near the opposition goal. Many a time our players looked for a pass when they would have done better to shoot.

It's been that sort of season - one step forward, one step back. Mid-table is unfortunately where we belong.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 15/3/2015, 13:32

That was the worst I've seen us play this year, probably because I didn't see all of our awful pre-Christmas form. Ossett were the youngest side I can remember at the Axe, although they did play well considering.

Lobbing the ball into 5"7 Matty Poole against two towering centre halves was ridiculous. Also, I'm quite certain that utilising Bailey's long throws is frowned upon by Darren and Trev, because we don't use it nearly as much as we should.

Hunter was very poor, however I put that down to him being the only one who really tried to get the ball down. A combination of a poor pitch, other players not reading what he was going to do, and also some genuinely horrendous attempted passes ensured a bad day at the office for him.

Let's forget the second goal. It was quite funny though.

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brocker on 15/3/2015, 19:22

Haven't you noticed that Steve has solved the problem in his Netbusters column in the programme, by turning our autumn 2-1 defeat at OT into a 2-1 victory? So really, we won 2-0 at home , and 3-0 at Darlo, and...............we're top of the League. Very Happy

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brocker on 15/3/2015, 19:30

On a more serious note, Brighouse, having beaten Mossley, could present a problem next weekend. Neutral

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 15/3/2015, 20:05

sparrows left peg wrote:Said it before - our proper No.9's at Kendal - seemples !!
Well he's certainly the best striker we've had in our eight years in this league.

Mind you,

a) would the management have him back given his controversial departure which could have cost us promotion last season?

b) would he want to come back?

c) would Kendal let him go?

d) with stories (which may well be untrue) of a £250 p.w. wage at Kendal, could we afford him?

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 15/3/2015, 22:06

Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:Mind you,

a) would the management have him back given his controversial departure which could have cost us promotion last season?

b) would he want to come back?

c) would Kendal let him go?

d) with stories (which may well be untrue) of a £250 p.w. wage at Kendal, could we afford him?

I'd take him back in a heartbeat if he was willing to sign a contract. He might not even like playing at Kendal and want to come back as it stands now...I would! The money would obviously be an issue, but that might not be his motivation. If we are ever going to stand a chance of going up next season, investment in several players like Jordan is a must.

As for the Ossett game, I couldn't leave quick enough. Grim. That said, we created the majority of chances in the game and I don't think we were quite as bad as the scoreline made it look. It could have easily been an ugly 2-0 win.

Our home form this season has been shocking. A lot of this is down to the pitch being absolutely awful. It's got a lot of grass on it, but is as bobbly as I've ever seen it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 16/3/2015, 18:27

sparrows left peg wrote:Said it before - our proper No.9's at Kendal - seemples !!

I concur wholeheartedly
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 16/3/2015, 18:30

Brocker wrote:Haven't you noticed that Steve has solved the problem in his Netbusters column in the programme, by turning our autumn 2-1 defeat at OT into a 2-1 victory? So really, we won 2-0 at home , and 3-0 at Darlo, and...............we're top of the League. Very Happy

Was just a simple mistake.......I'm a simple man.....(fill your own jokes in here)

I wasnt actually aware that anyone read that drivel anyway Very Happy

Bloody pedants get everywhere, whats a couple of goals between friends?. At least someone did a "double" on Saturday Cool
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum