Northwich

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Northwich

Post by filipinodollyblues on 8/10/2015, 12:16

it looks to me that we have the shortest squad in the league we seem to pump long balls to poole (smallest player) or taylor & carlton that dont jump for it so very frustrating to watch if we are going to be playing this long ball football we at least need someone who can head the ball on/down we also lack pace so i certainly agree new blood is needed maybe from the reserves i suppose its worth a shot or will they get bullied in this league i think we need something or we will be languishing in the bottom half of the table for the rest of the season

In brown we trust!
filipinodollyblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 8/10/2015, 12:21

Its not about 'shaking things up' its about making a difference to the first team.
Who can replace Mike Hale in the ressies, is there anyone better than Davis, Marshy or Freeland in defence. Is there anybody to replace Winder, Hunter or Akrigg in midfield or have we a better striker in the reserves than Aaron Taylor...this season's results would suggest not. We've signed one in Zach Clark but there is a whole lot of work to do.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 8/10/2015, 12:36

All good players granted but NOT doing it at the moment, clearly nobody in the league can replace Mike Hale , Adam Freeland,Jacob Davis former reserves Billy Akrigg former reserve player all they needed was a chance & yes Plackett is better than Freeland

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 8/10/2015, 12:51

I hope he is, if he's a local lad I'd be delighted to see it. But ive yet to see him on the first team bench yet alone in the first team under DP & TS but if Brownie thinks he's good enough, he'll put him in. I will gladly hold my hand up if he makes the first team and is a success. BTW Akrigg came from Slyne and Davis from Caton Utd. But that's nothing as both Marshy and Connie played for Marsh United.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 8/10/2015, 12:57

Yes they did come from those clubs but both went into reserves first, Plackett from Morecambe & you would have to ask DP & TS why they never picked him, maybe it's because they hardly ever watched a reserve game !!!

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 8/10/2015, 13:29

To fund new players maybe one or two of the bigger earners need to go, I should imagine the more experienced players must earn decent money. Can we afford it in crowds of 140 average ??

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by filipinodollyblues on 8/10/2015, 14:22

Is there anything we can do as fans to help boost attendances or are the people of Lancaster just not interested in there local club?

I would happily stand in the city center handing out flyers to promote the club
with something like The club needs you! why watch football on your t.v when we have live football at the giant axe with a fixture list and a map on it or something?

half of Lancaster don't even know we have a football club and alot travel to Morecambe to watch them

if we can get more fans to come and watch us that's more money being spent and more money in the pot for better players to get us up the league
filipinodollyblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 8/10/2015, 14:36

Something needs to be done as some people do'nt seem to want to use the reserves so money has to be found to fund the influx of players obviously needed, Go into schools & give school kids tickets for free entry with a paying adult it works at other clubs .

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 8/10/2015, 14:50

Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote: but bear in mind Vics were a superb side
True, but it seems to be that now, in our ninth season in this league, we are unable to compete with its best sides.
We're going backwards, not forwards.

A lot of work for Phil to do. Historical note: Alan Tinsley lost his first game 5-0 and went on to be one of City's best managers!

Agree entirely but it was more of an explanation for the 4 goals. As I said defence haven't been the best anyway.

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 8/10/2015, 14:52

Getting more fans through the gate is a different issue that's taken up hours and pages of debate, I beg that we don't start taking about it on this thread.

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum