TAYLOR OUT, CUMMINGS IN

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: TAYLOR OUT, CUMMINGS IN

Post by sparrows left peg on 4/11/2015, 10:22

Don't want it to sound like sour grapes but Taylor was a good striker but not a 'great' one. He could hold up the ball well and bring others into the game but I wouldn't say he was prolific, but finding one of those these days is pretty rare.
He did a job but often would go missing in games. I believe, because I haven't seen him, Terry Cummings has pace to burn so with him, Joe Whittington and Zach Clark, PJB is banking on speed up front, interesting times.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 4/11/2015, 13:40

sparrows left peg wrote:Don't want it to sound like sour grapes but Taylor was a good striker but not a 'great' one. He could hold up the ball well and bring others into the game but I wouldn't say he was prolific, but finding one of those these days is pretty rare.
He did a job but often would go missing in games. I believe, because I haven't seen him, Terry Cummings has pace to burn so with him, Joe Whittington and Zach Clark, PJB is banking on speed up front, interesting times.

Joe Whittington with pace, is that the same one I've seen? My summation of Joe is that he could open a tin of beans with his right foot as long as he didn't have to chase it Laughing

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 4/11/2015, 14:05

A tad harsh me feels, he's quicker than Taylor yet so am I lol, nah only jesting Aaron, good luck up there but as I've already said in a previous post the grass is not always greener. Unless they decide to play four up top, that's Connie, Killer, Wilkins and now Taylor going for forward spots. But that's they're
problem, as we've just moved above them in the league the attention turns to Northwich tonight.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 4/11/2015, 14:18

Taylor wasn't that slow...certainly a goal machine when we were playing well though. In a full season with us he'd score 30 goals all comps I'm sure.

Stringy loves a revolving door. Their season has already begun to slide. I don't see the logic in signing a lot of players from a team (us) who were struggling so much. No wonder it's all going South for the Dulls.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janb on 4/11/2015, 17:06

Yeah, as a member of the Aaron Taylor fan club I have to point out 21 goals last season, 6 in a usually pretty defensive team this season. A Shaun Goater, where if you feed him he will score. If you don't feed him, he won't. Not in the Connerton class but a good player. Never get hung up on players leaving though, there is a reason we are a midtable club, none of these players are worldbeaters.

As for Kendal, what a strange club. Always want a shiny new toy, but seemingly no real plan of what they actually want to achieve.

View user profile http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum