Glossop

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Glossop

Post by 28 on 30/1/2016, 14:10

Not sure if this will work but we may be able to listen to commentary for this afternoon's game here-

https://www.glossopnorthendafc.co.uk/radio/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Glossop

Post by South of the river on 30/1/2016, 15:36

There really is only one North End.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janb on 30/1/2016, 16:44

Like seasoned City watchers the commentators noted nothing was working for Gav Clark and that Cummings would get hooked.

View user profile http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 31/1/2016, 09:17

Disappointing result, particularly following a good first half display. We had the advantage of a howling wind and blizzard at our backs in the first half but missed a glorious chance with a Zach Clark misdirected header just before half time. The weather eased off somewhat in the second half but Glossop, to their credit, came at us and forced us to defend. We tended to lose possession when in good positions and set up a lot of their attacks by our own wastefulness. Unfortunately, we were rather overwhelmed in the end by a good side who will almost certainly be in the playoffs. All is not lost, however, having noted Northwich's hammering yesterday. I have to say I thought the abuse given to Aaron Taylor by our fans when he came on was a little unfair. Is he any different from most mercenary footballers who go where the money is? It's not pleasant to hear your own fans hurling abuse at one of their own players.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 31/1/2016, 16:04

Tobycarvery wrote:I have to say I thought the abuse given to Aaron Taylor by our fans when he came on was a little unfair. Is he any different from most mercenary footballers who go where the money is? It's not pleasant to hear your own fans hurling abuse at one of their own players.
No doubt abused by the same people who abused Gary Hunter at Harrogate a few seasons back and booed Danny Carlton when he came on as a sub in his first game for City, their "crime" being that they used to play for Morecambe, as indeed did Taylor.

Like it or not, we have to accept that Morecambe, for the past eight or nine seasons, have been four levels higher than us. Get over it.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 31/1/2016, 16:48

Once a Dolly, obviously not always a Dolly for Taylor.  I would like to think that these "same people" were letting Taylor know that they weren't impressed with his disloyalty.  They have let him know how they feel and it's now up to him to resurrect himself.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 1/2/2016, 08:38

I wonder if the same people would give the same abuse to Connie if he were to return? He didn't show a lot of loyalty when he gave the club about three days' notice before going to Australia and leaving us just as we were closing in on a playoff place. I get the feeling he would be welcomed back with open arms. One rule for one etc.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 1/2/2016, 08:50

Apparently there was a bit of nonsense in the club house afterwards according to the NPL facebook page
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 1/2/2016, 10:38

South of the river wrote:Once a Dolly, obviously not always a Dolly for Taylor
Nor for Rob Henry, Ricky Mercer, Zach Clark or Tom Kilifin in the current squad or, going back a year or two, Simon Wills, Jordan Connerton, Ryan Elderton and Mark Jackson, and no doubt many others.

Was Killer booed on his return to the Giant Axe? Thought not.......................

Whatever his history, I'm sure Taylor's aim now is to score as many goals as possible for Lancaster City and we should get behind him.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 1/2/2016, 14:07

Totally agree. We need to score more goals and he is capable of getting them. With a strikeforce of Killer and Taylor, we could go on another run and stay in contention.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum