Playoffs?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Playoffs?

Post by LFC-LCFC on 22/3/2016, 11:26

Burscough and Clitheroe still have to play each other twice.

Clitheroe have the most difficult run in, having to play Glossop, Farsley, Northwich etc. I am confident we'll catch them.

Burscough have a much easier run-in against a lot of mid table sides (apart from the two v Clitheroe) so will be a lot harder to catch...and that's assuming we can actually win against Warrington, Mossley etc.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 22/3/2016, 14:33

Fact is,we have won fewer games than any team in the top ten places and 13 draws might well count against us in the end. As we all know, it's better to win two and lose one than win one and draw two.Where Burscough and Clitheroe have the edge is the very few games drawn.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 23/3/2016, 14:26

Saw Citheroe v Glossop last night, Clitheroe long ball team with two good wingers and Gonzalez and Mayers up front, Glossop a big team of bruisers who lumped the ball forward all night and got hammered, did not rate them at all
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 23/3/2016, 20:27

We really needed Glossop to win last night.

I believe, realistically, that a 7th place finish given how we started the season would be a great achievement.

I have a feeling if there was a table for the season if it started in November/December would have us in the top 3/4.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 23/3/2016, 21:48

LFC-LCFC wrote:
I have a feeling if there was a table for the season if it started in November/December would have us in the top 3/4.
Certainly would be if we started in December: November was a bad month, played 4, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Since the beginning of December we've played 16 and picked up 32 points. Only the current top two have a better average of points per game, although Northwich also have from purely a playing point of view.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 23/3/2016, 22:01

And if we'd won at least 6 of the games we've drawn, we'd certainly be there.I can think of several where we've dropped two points rather than gained one e.g. Spennymoor(away) Farsley (twice)) Bamber Bridge(away) Droylsden (twice) and Radcliffe.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 28/3/2016, 19:50

It's always been a long shot, but I think we can forget about it now. Six points is a lot to make up on 5th place when there are only 15 points to play for.

Clitheroe/Northwich need to win just 3 out of 7 to reach our maximum possible, 74.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 28/3/2016, 20:24

Unfortunately we were as poor today as we were good on Saturday. Made a good start and then fell away badly. If anything, Kendal looked the more likely to win it in the second half. Another missed opportunity in a season of missed opportunities. 14 draws speaks for itself. Only Northwich of the top 5 look shaky, and they should still get 74 points with a vastly superior goal difference.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 31/3/2016, 20:18

What? Burscough 5 Clitheroe 0 after half an hour!!! Shocked

Are they New Mills in disguise?

I think if anything we would have preferred it the other way round.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 4/4/2016, 17:55

LFC-LCFC wrote:I believe, realistically, that a 7th place finish given how we started the season would be a great achievement.

Still believe this...4 wins should seal this. Here's hoping we end the season on a high before Marshy's testimonial Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum