Mossley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Mossley

Post by Tobycarvery on 3/4/2016, 09:37

The fact that nobody has posted a comment about yesterday says it all. Having seen the last three games I have gone from euphoria to disappointment to total despair in the course of eight days. Yesterday was even worse than Monday. Barely a shot on goal all afternoon. Final ball was very poor and we were second best in all areas.We really need to up our game against the poorer teams.Beaten twice by a team like Mossley is not the form which merits a playoff place. We need to be in or around the top five all season rather than have a good second half.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Mossley

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 3/4/2016, 22:26

There seems to be very little match comment on the forum whatever the result; there were only four post-match comments on the 'Wire' thread. Interest just doesn't seem to be high.

A shame we couldn't keep the play-off optimism going for one more week, especially with Clitheroe slipping up again. As it is Ossett Albion, Trafford and Mossley themselves could all finish above us.

Hopefully we can still finish strongly and take advantage especially of the two New Mills games.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cityuntilidie on 4/4/2016, 12:02

It was always a very big ask to reach the playoffs when you are that far behind. As previously said we need to be up there from the start. Phil needs to get the right players in for the preseason friendlies so that we are up and running when the season starts. The play off final loss seems a long time ago now and we have not even made the playoffs since. We need a good FA cup run and the TV cameras here like Warrington had.

cityuntilidie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 4/4/2016, 17:42

Seems I picked a good weekend to go to Edinburgh.

Never thought we'd win on Saturday after the dip in performance on Monday. Mossley is one of those places that in the last couple of seasons hasn't been a fun place. A top 7 finish is still on the cards if we win our last 4 matches though.

Four games that on paper should be wins without any excuses whatsoever with the side we have at the minute.

I think there is still some room for improvement defensively...I'm hoping Danny Gregson is still a Dolly come the start of the new season!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum