Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 816
Join date : 2012-11-10
View user profile

default Winder

on 5/7/2016, 08:51
....by all accounts Ryan is impressing for Darlo in pre season
Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-11-18
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 5/7/2016, 10:01
The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

So that's Kilifin gone and maybe Winder.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad
Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-11-09
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 5/7/2016, 10:33
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

So that's Kilifin gone and maybe Winder.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad

Killer wasn't getting a game and anyone expecting us to keep Winder and probably Carney is living in a dreamworld.
Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-11-18
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 5/7/2016, 20:08
We've had Winder since 2012 and Carney even longer (2011) so to me it seemed reasonable that we could anticipate keeping them. After Carney's serious injury didn't he just play for Kendal, i.e. the same level as us?
Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-11-09
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 5/7/2016, 21:58
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:We've had Winder since 2012 and Carney even longer (2011) so to me it seemed reasonable that we could anticipate keeping them. After Carney's serious injury didn't he just play for Kendal, i.e. the same level as us?

All valid points, but they excelled themselves all season to an extent they hadn't before. They're too good for this level now. How I'd love to be wrong.
avatar
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 6/7/2016, 21:07
Yeah, I think we shouldn't kid ourselves here.

Ryan has been a fantastic servant to Lancaster City FC in his years at the club and he now has a fantastic opportunity to further his career at a well supported club in the Conference North.

That's a two league jump which will go with good wages to boot. There's no way we should stand in any players' way who is offered that sort of opportunity. We should be PROUD if anything that another Lancaster player has made a jump into higher leagues...

...one who didn't come through Myerscough either!

Congrats Ryan and all the best. cheers

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-11-18
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 7/7/2016, 09:12
There's a video on You Tube of Darlo's friendly at HRA where you can see quite a bit of RW.

Has he definitely gone then or is he on some sort of trial? And more importantly for LCFC do we get any pennies for him, or was he non-contract?

Good luck to him for the future, mind you, isn't he a Lancaster lad? I wouldn't fancy that drive, especially returning from a winter midweek match!
avatar
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 7/7/2016, 21:12
He had indeed gone. He's too good to play at our level, sadly. Darlington weren't the only team after him.

He was on a contract until the end of last season I believe. No pennies for us.

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
avatar
Posts : 816
Join date : 2012-11-10
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 10/7/2016, 10:29
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

So that's Kilifin gone and maybe Winder.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad

Killer wasn't getting a game and anyone expecting us to keep Winder and probably Carney is living in a dreamworld.

https://twitter.com/AdamLordLM/status/751885795477315584

Carney playing for Stockport......would seem that DTID has his finger on the pulse
Posts : 388
Join date : 2012-11-09
View user profile

default Re: Winder

on 10/7/2016, 13:50
alasher wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:The Darlo website says he is likely to feature in their friendly tonight at Harrogate RA.

So that's Kilifin gone and maybe Winder.

How the **** are we expected to build a team to challenge for promotion (10th attempt coming up) when we just can't hang on to anyone decent? Evil or Very Mad

Killer wasn't getting a game and anyone expecting us to keep Winder and probably Carney is living in a dreamworld.

https://twitter.com/AdamLordLM/status/751885795477315584

Carney playing for Stockport......would seem that DTID has his finger on the pulse

Didn't take too deep an analysis to predict.
Sponsored content

default Re: Winder

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum