Droyslden match

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Droyslden match

Post by LFC-LCFC on 14/8/2016, 12:00

No one commenting on this one?

Odd match. They were a surprisingly good side, but nothing we could have matched or bettered if we had played to our potential. That said, I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in thinking we could have played that match until Christmas and not scored a second.

Pretty much every loose ball, scuffed clearance and bobble in the box fell to a player in yellow. Even when one of their defenders on the line belted a ball at the arm of his fellow defender the ball wouldn't bounce into the net. Just not our day.

As someone pointed out, we usually win the first game of the season then go on to achieve nothing, so I'm not too bothered yet Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Droyslden match

Post by janb on 14/8/2016, 12:42

First half was pretty even, both sides looked promising. Second half didn't really happen for us at all, and their front 2 looked handy, and Heaton at the back solid. We lacked any trickery or variety in attack, although Robinson from PNE showed glimpses he might be able to give us that.

View user profile http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 14/8/2016, 12:50

Disappointing result after a promising pre-season. We were pretty poor in the second half and never really threatened. Connerton seemed out of sorts and easily frustrated by our lack of impact. We really need to get some width to our play. Five across midfield is ok if we have some wide players but everything seemed to be played in the middle with very little result. Agree that Droylsden were much better than I thought they would be.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conmac End on 14/8/2016, 13:35

Browny did warn us about droylsden and heaton.

We need to get lads playing on the wings and wipping the ball in for Conny.

Conmac End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum