Harriers websites

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Harriers websites

Post by Harriers9 on 19/9/2016, 19:29

Was looking forward to a weekend up in Lancaster but found they are all fully booked. Not to worry. Looks like being a there and back game Sad

If you want to see what we are saying then our message board is harriers-online.co.uk/forum/ and you can find more sites at harriers-online.co.uk/links/k/kidderminster.shtml
avatar
Harriers9

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-19
Location : Kidderminster

View user profile http://www.harriers-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by alasher on 19/9/2016, 20:28

Hope that you enjoy your visit! I'm not aware of our two sides having played each other before.....does anyone know any different?
I was somewhat surprised to read that you were struggling to find somewhere to stay, but a quick google search turned up a similar result. Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?...lol
You could try the nearby run-down seaside resort.......surely there must be B & Bs that'd welcome visitors? It's only a 20-30 (depending on traffic) journey
avatar
alasher

Posts : 748
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by LFC-LCFC on 19/9/2016, 20:34

alasher wrote:Hope that you enjoy your visit! I'm not aware of our two sides having played each other before.....does anyone know any different?
I was somewhat surprised to read that you were struggling to find somewhere to stay, but a quick google search turned up a similar result. Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?...lol
You could try the nearby run-down seaside resort.......surely there must be B & Bs that'd welcome visitors? It's only a 20-30 (depending on traffic) journey

My thought was it could be parents who have travelled a long way, moving their kids into student accommodation?

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
avatar
LFC-LCFC

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by Harriers9 on 19/9/2016, 20:47

Ta for that. Just checked for Morecambe and fully booked for the obvious places (Travelodge etc)

Only one I could find was the Globe at Overton. That very far away?

_________________
http://www.harriers-online.co.uk
http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum
http://twitter.com/HarriersOnline
https://www.facebook.com/HarriersOnline
avatar
Harriers9

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-19
Location : Kidderminster

View user profile http://www.harriers-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by alasher on 19/9/2016, 20:56

Overton is probably about another 15/20 minutes away. It says 19 minutes on google maps, but I'd allow an hour on a Saturday!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Overton,+UK/Giant+Axe+Field+Stewards+House,+West+Road,+Lancaster+LA1+5PD,+UK/@54.037603,-2.8616745,13z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b6185395b9047:0x8c1981f3d3c7f8ff!2m2!1d-2.86041!2d54.015412!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b62780219d92b:0x43b548707d825488!2m2!1d-2.8114114!2d54.0516391!3e0
avatar
alasher

Posts : 748
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by LFC-LCFC on 19/9/2016, 20:57

Harriers9 wrote:Ta for that. Just checked for Morecambe and fully booked for the obvious places (Travelodge etc)

Only one I could find was the Globe at Overton. That very far away?

Not as the crow flies, by car from Giant Axe it's about 15 minutes as you have to go over and along the river. Very scenic location though! Very Happy

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
avatar
LFC-LCFC

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by alasher on 19/9/2016, 20:59

LFC-LCFC wrote:
Harriers9 wrote:Ta for that. Just checked for Morecambe and fully booked for the obvious places (Travelodge etc)

Only one I could find was the Globe at Overton. That very far away?

Not as the crow flies, by car from Giant Axe it's about 15 minutes as you have to go over and along the river. Very scenic location though! Very Happy

You don't drive do you Jonny? Very Happy
avatar
alasher

Posts : 748
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by LFC-LCFC on 19/9/2016, 21:00

Only when nobody else does Laughing

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
avatar
LFC-LCFC

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by Harriers9 on 19/9/2016, 21:00

LFC-LCFC wrote:

My thought was it could be parents who have travelled a long way, moving their kids into student accommodation?

It'll be Harriers fans. One place had received 5 bookings today. We'll bring around 150/200 with us.

_________________
http://www.harriers-online.co.uk
http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum
http://twitter.com/HarriersOnline
https://www.facebook.com/HarriersOnline
avatar
Harriers9

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-19
Location : Kidderminster

View user profile http://www.harriers-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by LFC-LCFC on 19/9/2016, 21:10

That's pretty cool.

Would be nice if the City of Lancaster could support us in return Neutral

_________________
Bounce in a minute bounce
avatar
LFC-LCFC

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Harriers websites

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum