Wed 12th October

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Wed 12th October

Post by LCFC21D on 10/10/2016, 16:16

Get down and watch the under 21's looking to make it 3 wins out of 3 on wednesday night vs FC Rangers from Blackpool.
7.45pm kick off at Giant Axe
FREE ENTRY

LCFC21D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Wed 12th October

Post by LFC-LCFC on 10/10/2016, 20:32

Looks like there's been a fixture change Shocked

I'll be there though why not cheers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 13/10/2016, 07:41

Great performance last night, seem to have learnt from the last game when the lads switched off when 4-0 up - played out the 90 strongly this time. Some promising lads in this squad and me thinks PB should be taking a close look at some of them, possibly with a view to getting them involved with the first team either in training or as match day subs.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 13/10/2016, 23:22

Brilliant game to watch, so many promising local lads and some only 16 years old!

Pains me to see us go to some games recently with empty substitute places when we could be giving some first team experience to some of these lads, even if it's just travelling and warming up.

We won't know how good some of them really are until they get a chance.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 14/10/2016, 12:14

What is the point in taking 16 year old lads to warm up, if their good enough pick them but then you need somebody the management team to watch games & just like when Darren peacock was here that will not happen. Let them get experience by playing games midweek in u21s not "warming up "

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 14/10/2016, 16:13

I take your point Prestondolly but the issue here is also eluded to in your post. As I understand it the club is promoting the idea of us being a setup whereby there is a flow through of talent, subject to it being good enough, with different teams for different age groups all under it's umbrella. The under 21s age range covers 16 - 21 and older, some of whom are definitely worth having a look at, but there does not appear, although the facts may be different, any actual link up between the talent at u21 and the first team which seems to shoot down what we claim we are aiming for before it gets off the ground.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me on what is actually happening can enlighten us as to how the structure is
a. Meant to be working.
b. Is actually working.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 14/10/2016, 17:05

It seems it's to easy just to pick another myerscough lad than watch u21s & promote from within if the lads are good enough, George Norrie has got some decent lads that just need looking after properly.

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 14/10/2016, 17:20

Spot on Prestondolly, the challenge is now with the organisation within the club, hopefully this won't end up as yet another false dawn.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseabilly on 14/10/2016, 22:03

Haven't had a chance yet to go and watch u21, who are the players who can dislodge the connertons, wills, hales, some times there's no point taking more than 3 subs to away games, carnt expected lads to sit on bench when there's a chance they are at work and would need time off to sit on bench. Hope this is not becoming another we've got players better in the reserves than first team. But if there are players then it's great for the club, but they are going to be very special to get into our curren squad,which in my opinion is probably one of the best we have had in the last 10 years

chelseabilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prestondolly on 14/10/2016, 22:57

Nobody is saying they are better than the current players, people are saying look at them look after them & encourage them do not make the same mistake as 2 seasons ago when Darren peacock ignored young players, they are the future

Prestondolly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum