Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Posts : 264
Join date : 2012-11-10
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 14/11/2016, 09:31
alasher wrote:Forgot all about the game!
Hopefully now that Louis Mayers is returning to action we'll see more from Connie, who I don't think is suited to playing up front alone. I don't blame him for looking pissed off. Midfield was a shambles & offered little protection to the back four, which meant that its much-vaunted solidity that has been talked about in away games was absent leaving us looking vulnerable & somewhat lucky to end the game in possession of a point
We do struggle at home. Need willsy ratting away in the middle. One of the "big 3" will have to go on the bench. Need 1 of the right backs back fit first tho

I posted this somewhere else on Saturday night.
Winder, Akrigg & Carney are all excellent players but as a unit fail to compliment each other. Gregory is a decent right back although he provides the biggest threat going forward, put scholesy back in the middle & Winder out wide.
The word is that Connie needs to have his op so we may be playing 4-5-1 a while longer.

_________________
This new forum's brilliant!
Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-11-25
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 14/11/2016, 18:01
We miss too many chances up front and give away too many chances at the back. So we should have won but could easily have lost.

As for the other issue, there was no problem at all until a steward came to complain about the flag, which is utterly harmless (the Jolly Roger flag, with its skull and crossbones, features in Peter Pan, which is normally thought suitable for small children). But after this needless provocation things went from bad to worse. I don't appreciate having such loud bangers let off within a few feet of my back. They could be very dangerous.

We obviously need a bit of compromise here. The club needs to accept the flag and the songs - obviously nobody is going to kill anyone's mum and dad, can't people accept a joke? The atmosphere is far better with songs than without. At least as many of the songs are positive as negative - on Saturday there were songs about Phil Brown, Neil Marshall, Craig Carney, Jordan Connerton, Ricky Mercer and Mike Hale (OK that one's a bit dodgy), as well as others about the club as a whole.

But to the Shed Army - in return, please please don't bring in firecrackers, bangers, smoke bombs etc. At best they are spoiling most fans' entertainment, at worst they could be very dangerous. Grow up please.
avatar
Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-11-24
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 15/11/2016, 09:20
I agree with everything you have just wrote apparently the flag is not allowed because it's offensive to away fans so I'm guessing the same people must find watching pirate of the Caribbean or any other kids pirate movie offensive all this as escalated because of certain people trying to ban this and that ok the song is a little harsh but it's just a song no one is going to kill anyone plus it's been toned down with we're city we're polite we know what's wrong and right to satisfy the sensitive souls out there
Posts : 307
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : LA1
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 19/11/2016, 11:12
DollyTillIDie wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Good post Ryan.
Don't know how to quote on here?
There's probably no room anyway!

That was my 4th draft.

I would like to think about using semi-colons within your writing. Surely their usage was taught at Ripley.
Posts : 371
Join date : 2012-11-09
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 19/11/2016, 13:25
South of the river wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Good post Ryan.
Don't know how to quote on here?
There's probably no room anyway!

That was my 4th draft.

I would like to think about using semi-colons within your writing.  Surely their usage was taught at Ripley.

Piss; off.
Posts : 307
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : LA1
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 22/11/2016, 07:27
DollyTillIDie wrote:
South of the river wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Good post Ryan.
Don't know how to quote on here?
There's probably no room anyway!

That was my 4th draft.

I would like to think about using semi-colons within your writing.  Surely their usage was taught at Ripley.

Piss; off.

Does your Dad know that you use such language?
Posts : 371
Join date : 2012-11-09
View user profile

default Re: Don't know which was worse

on 22/11/2016, 08:21
South of the river wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
South of the river wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Good post Ryan.
Don't know how to quote on here?
There's probably no room anyway!

That was my 4th draft.

I would like to think about using semi-colons within your writing.  Surely their usage was taught at Ripley.

Piss; off.

Does your Dad know that you use such language?

Yes.
Sponsored content

default Re: Don't know which was worse

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum