Rammy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Rammy

Post by alasher on 6/12/2016, 12:26

.....what's the general feeling about tonight? Are we going to be able to make our games in hand count? Maybe go top of the table?
I'm hoping for an initial team selection more like the side that finished Saturday's game. Then it's fingers crossed & lets see what we can do
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Rammy

Post by sparrows left peg on 6/12/2016, 15:16

That would be no Gregory or Waters then ?

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 6/12/2016, 16:59

sparrows left peg wrote:That would be no Gregory or Waters then ?

Id presume he means in terms of formation.
Might be worth trying Gregory out at right back again? Wills & akrigg centre mid with Carney supporting mayers. Winder & crolla wide.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 6/12/2016, 18:38

Going on Saturday's performances I wouldn't pick either.
However Gaz's comment made more sense. I want to see players playing in their best positions rather than going down the "England " route & picking players & then trying to make a side from there
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 6/12/2016, 19:30

Pretty much same as Saturday:

Hale
Wills, Mercer, Westwood, Sumner
Gregory, Akrigg, Carney, Winder
Crolla
Mayers

Subs: Shearwood, Henry, Clark, Raybould

So a straight swap of Waters for Crolla. Midfield and defence the same. Not sure about that scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 6/12/2016, 21:42

Lost 1-0. We seem to be struggling for goals at the moment.

Going off the radio it sounded like the one man up top left Mayers completely isolated. Sumner is also wasted at left back. Probably our best player with Connerton out.

Looks like it may be a frustrating winter as usual.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 7/12/2016, 08:47

Is Aaron Taylor Padiham's property now or on dual registration ? We can't keep playing just Mayers up top on his own it's not working and I don't think he enjoys it. He likes to feed off another forward like Connie. Maybe a loan striker or something could come in ? It's not a full blown crisis, far from it, but we don't want to lose the momentum.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 7/12/2016, 09:16

Ineffective use of resources available for me, I thought we might have learnt from Saturday when we got away with it after Wills was moved back to his holding role after 70 minutes and Hyde effectively never got a look in again for the final 20. Unfortunately we started out with what appeared to be an even more unbalanced side last night, shades of a certain FA Cup tie at Droylsden last season, Wills still at fullback and a total of 6 midfield players on the pitch 3 of whom were wide players as a result of which it all looked out of shape and ineffective. I understand that you have to make do with resources available, but even if you only had last night's starting 11 surely you would set up to maximise abilities. Wills is the key in all this, when he plays in the hole in front of the back 4 they look more comfortable and the midfield is freed up to get on with playing a higher line. I felt last night's starting line would have been far more effective and comfortable with Wills in that holding role, Gregory at right fullback and Winder and Crolla out wide but hey I'm not the manager.
I feel the next 5 or 6 games are the key to our season and I also feel there has to be a different attitude to how we approach the games otherwise I too think it could be another wasted season - c'est la vie.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 7/12/2016, 11:17

distantmusic wrote:Ineffective use of resources available for me, I thought we might have learnt from Saturday when we got away with it after Wills was moved back to his holding role after 70 minutes and Hyde effectively never got a look in again for the final 20. Unfortunately we started out with what appeared to be an even more unbalanced side last night, shades of a certain FA Cup tie at Droylsden last season, Wills still at fullback and a total of 6 midfield players on the pitch 3 of whom were wide players as a result of which it all looked out of shape and ineffective. I understand that you have to make do with resources available, but even if you only had last night's starting 11 surely you would set up to maximise abilities. Wills is the key in all this, when he plays in the hole in front of the back 4 they look more comfortable and the midfield is freed up to get on with playing a higher line. I felt last night's starting line would have been far more effective and comfortable with Wills in that holding role, Gregory at right fullback and Winder and Crolla out wide but hey I'm not the manager.
I feel the next 5 or 6 games are the key to our season and I also feel there has to be a different attitude to how we approach the games otherwise I too think it could be another wasted season - c'est la vie.

my point but made rather more eloquently
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brocker on 7/12/2016, 20:45

I have never seen a lone striker prove effective for us, no matter who it is. It seems to be a negative approach, and it simply doesn't seem to work.

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum