Go down
View user profile

default Re: Goole 1 v 3 CITY FT

on 10/11/2012, 20:41
Good trip today, 3 points, plenty of Dollies and until last 10mins it was easy.

CHEERS to Big Kev. Very Happy
LFC-LCFC
View user profile

on 10/11/2012, 21:03
Great number of Dollies there today!

We did win easily without much bother, but I have a feeling that was more down to Goole being a dejected heap of misery rather than us playing a blinder.

That said, Rob Wilson scored a Messi-esque goal to cap off another top performance from him. What Phil Brown didn't see in him apart from he wasn't from Myerscough I don't know. Darren Green had a very good game with a goal and an assist and the defence was sound and assured throughout.

Their goal should have been saved by McDonald which was a shame as he was having a solid game up until that point. It was a strange line-up and worth noting that the first two goals came from set pieces and other than Wilson's solo magic we created few other clear cut chances.

View user profile

on 10/11/2012, 21:05
Mad Cyril wrote:"OFF! Gavin Clark sent off for dropping the ball on a player's shoulder after the whistle"

Wtf?? No

Petulance. Not sure it was worth a red but he'll be gone for three games in two weeks time.

View user profile

on 11/11/2012, 00:25
So as it transpires, I could have gone. I half an hour later departure from the coach would have taken me there Crying or Very sad
janb
View user profilehttp://twitter.com/janlbuxton

on 11/11/2012, 10:05
LFC-LCFC wrote:
That said, Rob Wilson scored a Messi-esque goal to cap off another top performance from him. What Phil Brown didn't see in him apart from he wasn't from Myerscough I don't know.

I had vowed not to say anything negative about Rob on the new forum until he merited it, but since you ask, I can't speak for what Phil thinks but from his last spell with us I would have asked,

a) is he consistent enough? (and/or flat track bully as games like today and retreat to Ambleside perhaps show)
b) does he work hard enough to make the best of himself, or does he coast?

I would have answered negatively to those sort of the questions, perhaps Phil would have too. Rob has talent, but I don't think he has really approached his career that seriously thus far.

But as I say if it works out this time I'll be delighted, best player as a sub against Rammy, goal today, good, lets keep it going. Thats the key.

You mention the strange side, how did we line up in terms of shape?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum