'Boro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default 'Boro

Post by alasher on 15/1/2017, 10:44

A great win away at another side looking to challenge for the title. I wasn't there, but from following both side's twitter accounts,it seemed like a deserved win. At one point we seemed to be making enough chances to give them the thumping that we've been threatening to give someone all season. Being critical, it would've been good to have kept a clean sheet, but I would've happily settled for 3 points from the last 2 games, I just expected them to come in the opposite order! No Killer in the squad.
Be good to hear the thoughts of someone that actually went please!
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: 'Boro

Post by Tobycarvery on 15/1/2017, 14:19

Wasn't there, but by all accounts an excellent performance. We obviously ran riot in the first half, as we did against Burscough recently, but I'd like to see us dominate for 90 minutes and really push home our advantage. Did we ease off or did they improve? Was it a sub keeper or an outfield player they used after the sending off? If it was an outfield player I'm surprised we didn't score more. I would have happily taken 4 points from the last two games so it's looking good. Trafford and Farsley seem to me the biggest threats now, so 2 home wins should cement our position. Happy days.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 15/1/2017, 20:54

A bit Jekyll and Hyde at the moment, this sounds like it was an excellent display following a distinctly under par one at Goole. Like the other two posters it was disappointing that we didn't really score more after their goalkeeper was sent off but you can't have everything, just great to come away with a win.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 16/1/2017, 06:50

Give credit where credit is due, it was an excellent win and performance against a very good side going for promotion themselves and on their own manor.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 16/1/2017, 12:48

Agreed. My only concern is the fact that of our 5 league defeats, 4 have been against sides in the bottom half of the table. We have beaten most of the top 10 teams on their own ground and still have to play many of them at home, so perhaps we need to be more ruthless against weaker opposition.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 17/1/2017, 00:25

First half was like playing an U12s team. Wasn't even a fair fight, although some decent saves and last ditch stops (and iffy finishing) meant it was only 3-0 and not 6-0 at half time.

Start of the second half we still could have scored a few, just still look a little awkward in front of goal.

Steel was immense, except giving the penalty away. If Scarborough are really a playoff contender than we are completely head and shoulders above that class.

Last two points. Gregory is outstanding. The depth we had on the bench on Saturday was reminiscent of the TH glory days, even without Kilifin! Shocked Mercer, Akrigg, Sumner...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 17/1/2017, 08:24

Tobycarvery wrote:Was it a sub keeper or an outfield player they used after the sending off?
They brought on Tom Morgan, who is the goalkeeping coach:-

http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/news/2017-01-14/boro-swept-aside-by-dolly-blues

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum