View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

default Re: countdown

on 20/2/2017, 12:10
Lets hope they drop points first then it takes pressure off us needing to win every game. Playing 2 games a week until the end of March will be hard for them especially if they get injuries and suspensions. At the moment we have the 9 points would we be confident if we were 9 points behind with three games in hand. At the moment we are in the driving seat as we have the points. A win at Ossett for us will put more pressure on them.
View user profile

on 20/2/2017, 17:55
There are lies, damn lies and statistics, so take these with a large dose of salt. Our last 11 games have yielded 26 points. Farsley's last 14 games have got them 29 points, so a reproduction of that form for both teams would make us champions by six points.
View user profile

on 20/2/2017, 21:52
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:
Farsley play their county cup semi final at Bradford PA tomorrow night
Farsley win 3-1 and will play Tadcaster in the final sometime in April.
View user profile

on 21/2/2017, 12:31
Being realistic/honest, if Farsley can win what will amount to 17 consecutive league games (they've won their last three before you question my maths!) then they deserve to win any league
View user profile

on 21/2/2017, 17:56
Tobycarvery wrote:There are lies, damn lies and statistics, so take these with a large dose of salt. Our last 11 games have yielded 26 points. Farsley's last 14 games have got them 29 points, so a reproduction of that form for both teams would make us champions by six points.

I'd like something a little bit stronger than this scenario to cling to.
I do think a total of in excess of 90 points may be required though.

View user profile

on 22/2/2017, 00:48
We haven't had a full sweep of winning games every month since September.. we need to beat Ossett on Saturday to buck that trend. I agree with Gaz think Farsley will go on and pip us. There squad is massive and if they do get injuries or suspension there recent win fall of cash will buy them out of trouble..
View user profile

on 22/2/2017, 08:00
gaz1889 wrote:
Tobycarvery wrote:There are lies, damn lies and statistics, so take these with a large dose of salt. Our last 11 games have yielded 26 points. Farsley's last 14 games have got them 29 points, so  a reproduction of that form for both teams would make us champions by six points.

I'd like something a little bit stronger than this scenario to cling to.
I do think a total of in excess of 90 points may be required though.

Statistically we have more points per game than Farsley and if we maintain that ratio we will finish with 90.77 pts to their 87
View user profile

on 22/2/2017, 17:00
That 0.77 point could be crucial....would eliminate the goal difference issue.
Your stats are only relevant for the season up to present.
All that matters now is what happens from Saturday up until April 22nd.

View user profile

on 22/2/2017, 17:06
I agree but I did say "if" and that's what it's all about
View user profile

on 22/2/2017, 19:36
I would be amazed if either us or Farsley get to the end of the season without dropping points along the way.

I'm expecting both teams will have a draw or two and the odd defeat in the coming month let alone til the end of the season, such is non-league. Farsley have a ferocious attacking line up at the moment but concede a lot of goals. We're the other way around, rarely concede but don't score a bunch.

History has taught us the highest scoring team doesn't always win the league. It's usually the unspectacular team that wins 1-0 or 2-0.

Still, wouldn't we all have taken 2nd place if it was offered to us at the start of the season? There's no one I'd fear in the playoffs anyway. Let's just enjoy being the best team in the league, whether or not the league table will reflect that come the end of May Very Happy

COYDB

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum