countdown

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: countdown

Post by themaclad on 17/4/2017, 18:34

Ours to lose now, go out and do the business at Glossop it is time.
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseabilly on 17/4/2017, 22:28

Wow, can not believe what I have seen in town this evening. People are actually talking about lcfc. We can hopefully get 200 for home games then all of a sudden 450 + Kendal probably had 40 fans so we're did all the extra dolly blues come from. From talking to people in town we could actually have 200+ fans at Glossop next week, not sure how this old heart will take it. in Pjbrown we trust

chelseabilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 17/4/2017, 22:34

It's going to be so weird next week, knowing we can lose ten nil and still be champions.

Don't know if the nerves will stand it!

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 18/4/2017, 08:33

For me it's simple, it's a game of football we are good enough to win. I have faith in the ability of our lads to do the job and we all, including the fans, club officials and the management team need to transmit that to the players next Saturday, tension and unnecessary pressure are our biggest enemies, there is no point in trying to second guess, cover all the bases or worry about the match at Kendal, we go to Glossop, give it our best and trust in ourselves to get the job done.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 23/4/2017, 10:18

What a season, what a day! You couldn't write this stuff.
Anyway, 46 games to go, 138 points required.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 23/4/2017, 12:50

Never in doubt eh gaz ? Think you had a wobble on a few weeks back, like myself. After the Prescot defeat it looked like the play-offs. Full credit to Brownie and the boys and the people behind the scenes who go un-noticed sometimes. The 2010 debacle can be erased from the memory now, tho I still think I'm drying out. A few new grounds to visit and new teams to play next season but for now we can sit back and watch the summer's cricket...if we get a summer. Roll on 2017-18, can't wait already.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by distantmusic on 23/4/2017, 14:11

Job done, congratulations to all involved and thanks to everyone at yesterday's match for making it such a memorable day - we simply blew them away, Farsley must be gutted.
I'm not religious but I couldn't help wondering if Marshy was around somewhere with a smile on his face, there was a definite feeling of this one being for you Big Fella - RIP.
It will be great to take a few days down time and then back into the job of getting ready for the pre-season COYDB.

distantmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 23/4/2017, 14:21

Tunner was grinning down on & getting a round in . I can see Marshy kicking his harp onto the next cloud & using some unheavenly language when they made it 2 1
A thoroughly professional performance yesterday provided a fitting tribute to Neil.
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 23/4/2017, 15:18

sparrows left peg wrote:Never in doubt eh gaz ? Think you had a wobble on a few weeks back, like myself. After the Prescot defeat it looked like the play-offs. Full credit to Brownie and the boys and the people behind the scenes who go un-noticed sometimes. The 2010 debacle can be erased from the memory now, tho I still think I'm drying out. A few new grounds to visit and new teams to play next season but for now we can sit back and watch the summer's cricket...if we get a summer. Roll on 2017-18, can't wait already.

All's well that ends well!
I'd been confident up until I started the thread. It was only when I looked at ours & Farsley's run ins I began to have doubts. We were going pretty well at the time but Farsley seemed to be unstoppable & you just couldn't see them slipping up. The last 5 weeks or so have been an emotional rollercoaster, several times all had looked lost & I have to admit I thought it was over more than once. But what a climax to the season, simply astonishing end to a mad season, the scriptwriters can be proud.
Can't wait for next season, a massive well done to EVERYONE involved. Cheers.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 25/4/2017, 23:00

Undoubtedly an amazing last few weeks.I certainly had my doubts after the defeats at Prescot and Droylsden, but those last two performances were outstanding. Looking at the final table makes interesting reading with regard to our away record. Against teams from second to tenth we won,then lost to the teams 11th to 16th, beat teams from 17th to 20th and drew with the bottom two. An unusual pattern to say the least, and evidence perhaps of what a strange season it has been.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum