countdown

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: countdown

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 22/2/2017, 20:01

I've just had a look at the final tables since we were in the play-offs seven years ago and I'm surprised to see that the lowest winning total was 95 points and the highest 106. The average is actually 99.67 so if anything we are below par this season. In five of those last six seasons the team finishing second has scored between 91 and 97 points. So whereas I've always felt we were unlucky not to go up with 96, it's actually not far off the norm!

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue on 23/2/2017, 09:18

Farsley next two games Prescott on Saturday and then Mossley on Tuesday you'd expect maximum points from them games. We must beat Ossett COYDB

Big Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 23/2/2017, 10:13

Big Blue wrote:Farsley next two games Prescott on Saturday and then Mossley on Tuesday you'd expect maximum points from them games. We must beat Ossett COYDB
Prescot did us a favour by beating Trafford on Tuesday night. Let's hope they can do us another on Saturday.

Also on Tuesday Scarborough and Ossett Town drew, so those results are strengthening our likelihood of at least the play offs.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 24/2/2017, 17:40

So, what do we reckon for tomorrow?
I hate playing these. It's always an ugly game on an at best bobbly pitch with the wind swirling around everywhere. They're a big, hard working well organised side who always make things difficult for us.
Despite all that I'm predicting another ugly 1-0 win for the Dollies. Farsley to have a scare but keep the pressure on with a 3-2 triumph.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 24/2/2017, 17:45

gaz1889 wrote:So, what do we reckon for tomorrow?
I hate playing these. It's always an ugly game on an at best bobbly pitch with the wind swirling around everywhere. They're a big, hard working well organised side who always make things difficult for us.
Despite all that I'm predicting another ugly 1-0 win for the Dollies. Farsley to have a scare but keep the pressure on with a 3-2 triumph.

That will do! See you there mate COYMDB

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 25/2/2017, 13:37

gaz1889 wrote:So, what do we reckon for tomorrow?

How much do you have on it Gaz?

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 26/2/2017, 10:07

Nothing luckily.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 26/2/2017, 10:11

10 games to go, 31 points required.
I was very impressed yesterday. We even managed to make a dent in the goal difference deficit. Shame we conceded right at the end.
A great win, you could really see the determination & togetherness of the whole squad.
I'll say it again.....very impressed.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 26/2/2017, 11:36

If we can continue to pick up points and score more goals than Farsley, then we could conceivably catch up the goal difference deficit. We do seem to have found our goal touch of late and Farsley appeared to struggle yesterday against Prescott, so maybe their next away games might see them slip up.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 4/3/2017, 21:20

9 games to go, still 31 points needed.
Starting to look a bit tricky now.
Once again we were pretty awful at home....barely a chance created second half. Some questionable decisions from the bench. Maybe fitness & injuries had a bearing?
Quite a few games now since Christmas at home we've come out second half as if just to contain teams. Particularly teams who would be regarded as our challengers. If this is a tactic then its failing miserably. Anyone else noticed?

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum