countdown

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: countdown

Post by gaz1889 on 1/4/2017, 17:35

Starting to struggle with the maths now. 5 games to go, 14 points required?
I've said for a while today's game would be a banana skin.
I thought we played ok tbf, best home performance for a while on the back of a decent showing last week. Anyway, still in our hands, all to play for, onwards & upwards. I can't see Farsley picking up too many more points this season despite what I said at the beginning of the thread. My next big concern is Droylsden away in 2 weeks. Lets make sure we see Goole off next week without any issues.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpsmakemeill on 1/4/2017, 21:53

Thankfully with Droylsden's late equaliser we haven't suffered too much today, in that if we win them all we will finish with 91 points which is out of Farsley's reach.

Does anyone else think that Mike Hale isn't at his best at the moment? It's more difficult to assess when you're at the far end of the ground but for the first the Colne forward lifted the ball over him with ease and the second goal? Well the "wall" wouldn't win any prizes!

I think we'll manage to beat Goole on our own ground and after that it's our game in hand against lowly Prescot; at least I think they're lowly, at the time of writing the EvoStik doesn't have a FDN league table to show.

Kendal have an interesting end to the season; us next to last and Farsley last. I just hope we don't have to go to Glossop and win.

Shrimpsmakemeill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janinfrance on 3/4/2017, 11:35

Don't know if anybody has noticed but as Trafford cannot now overtake us we are guaranteed a playoff place. Obviously we want better but it is what we would have hoped for at the start of the season.

janinfrance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 3/4/2017, 18:07

gaz1889 wrote:Starting to struggle with the maths now. 5 games to go, 14 points required?
I thought we played ok tbf, best home performance for a while on the back of a decent showing last week. Anyway, still in our hands, all to play for, onwards & upwards. I can't see Farsley picking up too many more points this season despite what I said at the beginning of the thread. My next big concern is Droylsden away in 2 weeks. Lets make sure we see Goole off next week without any issues.

It'll have to be 15 as you can't get 14 points from 5 matches.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 3/4/2017, 19:20

[quote="janinfrance"]Don't know  if anybody has noticed but as Trafford cannot now overtake us we are guaranteed a playoff place. Obviously we want better but it is what we would have hoped for at the start of the season.

https://twitter.com/evostikleague/status/848962637551611904
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 3/4/2017, 20:00

South of the river wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Starting to struggle with the maths now. 5 games to go, 14 points required?

Oh, right.
Cheers for that.

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 3/4/2017, 20:18

gaz1889 wrote:
South of the river wrote:

Oh, right.
Cheers for that.

You did say that you were struggling with the maths Gaz.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 3/4/2017, 21:43

alasher wrote:
janinfrance wrote:Don't know  if anybody has noticed but as Trafford cannot now overtake us we are guaranteed a playoff place. Obviously we want better but it is what we would have hoped for at the start of the season.

https://twitter.com/evostikleague/status/848962637551611904

we're in the playoffs then

https://twitter.com/OssettTownAFC/status/848998592597590016

https://twitter.com/evostikleague/status/848999887580651522
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz1889 on 4/4/2017, 18:30

It'll have to be 15 as you can't get 14 points from 5 matches.[/quote]

Oh, right.
Cheers for that.[/quote]

You did say that you were struggling with the maths Gaz.[/quote]
We might win all 5 but get a point deducted for a pitch invasion celebrating winning the title at Glossop on the last day.
Then everyone's happy. Right?

gaz1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South of the river on 4/4/2017, 22:16

Only if you organise this aforementioned pitch invasion with the old 6.40am boys.

South of the river

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum