View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

default Re: countdown

on 15/4/2017, 20:28
Unfortunately it has to be an Ossett Town win a draw no good for us. I cannot see Kendal doing us any favours last game. We need to win these last 2 games just to get confidence back for the play offs if that's where we end up. I would hate us to be runners up on goal difference that really would be cruel.
View user profile

on 15/4/2017, 22:55
Do we even WANT to win this league?
Today was as poor as it's been for some time.
You kind of have to admire the optimism on here sometimes.
Fact is, we are rubbish, have been for some time.
Not one shot on target today whilst 2 strikers are kicking their heals on the bench.
Is there something I don't know?
Which leaves me questioning the management choices.
I for one know where it's all gone wrong for us since November, but maybe that's not up for discussion on here.

View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 08:14
Can't believe on the 11th February we were 9 points clear and the goal difference was just + 6. We've been on a downward spiral ever since. It wouldn't seem as bad if we were going into the play-offs, if that's to be our destiny, in any sort of form. But as long as we're still in there, we've a chance. But we've got to improve.
View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 09:08
To say we are rubbish is frankly ridiculous. We are still second with a chance of winning the league and way ahead of teams below us. It appears a the moment that nobody wants to win this league, as Farsley aren't exactly in sparkling form either, so let's just keep hoping and battling. We have certainly gone off the boil recently,but tbh I didn't think we played that badly yesterday. Again we fought hard but lacked the finish when it mattered. We defended well and one lapse cost us a game we could have at least drawn.Have we lost sight of what we were wanting at the start of the season, namely a place in the playoffs? We have achieved that and more,so let's not lose faith now.
View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 15:25
Faith, now there's a word. I feel comfortable in saying that I don't see the team management having a lot of faith in the players at present if selections, positional deployments and substitutions over the last few games are anything to go by and yesterday at Droylsden plumbed new depths for me. Last week we had 2 of our regular players, namely Jordan Connerton and Adam Sumner, elected to the Divisional Team for this season and they were both confined to the bench for a game we simply could not afford to lose and at no stage did it look like they were going to get on the field to have any chance of making a real contribution. If someone can explain the logic in that I'm prepared to take it on board, I have my own opinions but I'm trying to deal in facts and I'm afraid the facts leave me with little cause for optimism or faith in the way the team is being run or the chemistry between the players and the management - nobody will be happier than me if they prove me wrong.
View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 15:35
That's pretty damning Dave!However, I'm not sure that I disagree with you.
Player & positional selections are quite confusing at times. Having said that, we should all stay right behind the lads. I , for one would've been more than happy with the playoffs before we started the season, so if that's where we end up, then it's been a successful season, as disappointed as we may be after heading the table & looking so good.
View user profilehttp://twitter.com/janlbuxton

on 16/4/2017, 16:30
Yeah as hard as it to focus on the big picture, you have to more positive about being 2nd than other previous depressing seasons. Frustrating naturally that being a bit better would have won the league handily.

That said, whilst I haven't seen much of the side this season when I have done it has frequently been pretty disjointed and frustrating. I'm not sure Phil knows what his best side is, which is part of the problem of having (in theory) stronger options than in the past. And a presumably a bit of squad rotation on Saturday with fixtures coming thick and fast but maybe management overthinking things if that is the case.

View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 17:37
It wasn't meant to be damning Steve just telling like I see it. No problems on the support front from me I'll be in my usual spot between the dugouts, I just hope the technical area is more supportive than critical tomorrow but I guess the ball is in their court on that - the strange thing about all this is that it's still up for grabs but we do need them to blow up now I reckon.
On the play off front I've never been a fan, probably because I grew up with the old straight promotion/relegation system, and I reckon that had this situation been the old system we would have seen a different title race once promotion was guaranteed.
View user profile

on 16/4/2017, 20:03
Wow Dave that's surprised me. Yes we haven't been great but in my humble opinion if mercer and Steele are missing we are going to struggle, experience sees you through in these games, really hope something I was told today by an ex player that some of our team have said they don't want to go up because of the travelling involved next year is just a wind up. We must keep the faith I for one will always be behind what ever browny does for our club as in my opinion he will always be a legend at our club
View user profile

on 17/4/2017, 18:12
I thought this thread would have died after Saturday.
We all know the maths now. 1 win, 3 points, 1 victory, fairly clear....be nice to hear Kendal being 3-0 up at half time tho!
Maybe we might have 1 or 2 of the injured lads back?
They've got a great home record & need a win. Maybe that'll play in to our hands? Who knows?
One more big effort required on & off the pitch.
COYFDB!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum