Goole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Goole

Post by alasher on 8/4/2017, 08:45

.....every game now is a "must win", but I think that 6 points this week may just push the Celts over the edge (or am I just dreaming?)
Goole took a point off us at their place, & beat Farsley away, so it isn't going to be easy. Get behind the lads......I'll settle for a scabby 1-0 win for the Dollies, but I'd prefer a relaxing afternoon in the sun watching us run out 3 or 4 nil winners
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Goole

Post by Brocker on 8/4/2017, 10:44

I missed last Saturday's game but I had the impression that supporters were really pessimistic, more or less convinced that we would be beaten. Whether this communicated itself to the players I do not know, but we need to be totally positive and noisily supportive this afternoon. COYDB

Brocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseabilly on 8/4/2017, 19:22

Today probably sums are season up, so far on top great keeping from the goole keeper and a lucky goal to win it. Farsley score plenty of goals to have comfortable home games we batter teams but win by the odd goal, so 4 more 1/0 wins and we're promoted. Not sure how I am going to get through these games. Still in our own hands, so sad to hear the passing of Steve our loyal supporter from Blackpool today, come on City we have a few people watching from above now we really need to get promoted for these people, and of course the rest of us

chelseabilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC-LCFC on 8/4/2017, 20:00

Enjoyed the match today, we created more chances than we have in the past few games combined. We finally got some luck for the goal, but otherwise on another day we could have won 5-0.

Our highlights registered 30 attempts at goal. We had 3 cleared off the line and hit the crossbar...on that note Josh Earl was superb.

Looking forward to Prescot on Tuesday already. COYDB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blue dragon on 8/4/2017, 20:10

so sad to hear the passing of Steve our loyal supporter from Blackpool today, come on City we have a few people watching from above now we really need to get promoted for these people, and of course the rest of us.

I've asked his pal Pete to keep me informed reference Steve's funeral arrangements, apparently Steve had no known family, so it would be great if a few of us could go and pay our respects. As soon as I have any details I will post them on here.
blue dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseabilly on 8/4/2017, 20:17

Please let me know Eric would like to pay my respects.

chelseabilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 8/4/2017, 21:21

So sorry to hear about Steve. Spent a lot of time chatting to him and Pete on away trips and often got on the train with him after home games. Shocked and saddened.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 8/4/2017, 21:30

As nerve-wracking as this was, it was good to see us create so many chances. My heart could've done with us putting away a couple more though! Goole weren't very good,but at 1-0 you just never know do you? I said this morning that I'd take 3 points however they game, & we got them. Four more 1-0 wins please.
Josh Earl looked good, I think that the bar is probably still vibrating from when he struck it!The whole team worked hard & deserved the win, I hope we're saving the goals up for later, we don't need to win by more than one as we'll never overhaul Farsley's GD advantage. Connie's work holding the ball up after we scored was exemplary I thought & summed up the efforts of the whole side.

RIP Steve Rooney
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DollyTillIDie on 9/4/2017, 08:47

ROONEHHH ROONEHHH

DollyTillIDie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 10/4/2017, 15:26